FYI re: Gold and Silver News

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
The news page (see Gold and Silver News link at the top of the page) checks for new items every hour or so. Most of the feeds don't post new items that quickly, but Zerohedge does at times.

If you have a suggestion for a site that would be a good addition there, let me know.

I added a couple of new blog feeds to the news page (Dave in Denver / The Golden Truth and Jim Rogers Blog).

Logged in members will also see some twitter feeds in a sidebar.

I removed the 24hgold feed and replaced it with a few new ones (GoldMoney, Mish, Martenson).

24hgold only lets you view som many of their articles before they blocking you unless you join/pay which is fine, but I'm not going to promote them as a news source if that's the case. Most of their news articles seem to be recycled from other places anyway.

I tweaked the news page again today. Removed a couple of feeds that I rarely find quote worthy and added Koos Jansen's blog.

Thanks. I'll have a look at them tomorrow.

I tried to update the news feed for Koos Jansen this morning and it appears that something broke. The news feeds aren't showing at all right now. I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem, but for now, the news page is broken. :(

The news page is working again. :)

OK folks. I've updated the news page this morning. I fixed the feeds for KWN, Mineweb and Harvey Organ's blog. Mineweb's feed isn't coming through cleanly right now, but I'll give it a day or two to see if it resolves itself.

I also removed a couple of feeds that were dead (or not producing new content) and added a few new active feeds. Cheers.

Ah hell... I tried to update the news feed just now and there seems to be a problem with the FTP uploading... The news page isn't working for the moment. I hope to have it fixed shortly, but I'm waiting on my server tech support to assist so I don't know how long this is going to take.

OK. Back in business. News page is working again. :)

* bump *

I tweaked the news feed page again. I changed the order of feeds listed on the page. The feeds with more hard news are listed first and the blog/commentary feeds are second. I updated a couple of the feeds too (and removed some inactive ones).

Mishtalk doesn't appear to be resolving at the moment, but I'll give it a couple days to see if it's just some caching issue.

Thanks Bug

I use your newsfeed link a lot as my computer often seems to go unstable when going direct to ZH.
And it will be nice to have easy access to Steve St Angelo's analysis again.

Yeah, it looks like the RSS feed reader that I'm using needs to be updated as it's not rendering Steve's or Mish's feeds, but when I test those feeds on the (RSS script) developer's test page, they do render. I've sent in a support ticket with them to see about upgrading my script to the latest update so hopefully that will fix things.

Back
Top Bottom