New to stocks

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

singleshot

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I am not a stock trader and the quite frankly, the idea of putting money into the stock market at this time scares the crap out of me.
With that said, last year about this time, I came across a mining related stock that was selling for $.30/share, it's now around $.90/share.
Another mining stock I was introduced to about 6 months ago was selling for $3/share is now $15/share.
I buy silver (and some gold) as often as I can, at the best price that I can and I hold it. I'm not buying PMs for investment, it's a hedge, it's for insurance against a shtf scenario but I cannot ignore the profits that are escaping me by not being in this market.
I'm probably going to dip my toe in the water soon and any advice or suggestions from seasoned stock traders would be most welcomed.

easy way to gear up your gains / losses as the share prices in general of pm mining companies reflects the price of the metals but on steroids.

If you think its all up from here then take the plunge but theres some who say metal prices have got a bit too far ahead and will fall a bit or trade sideways for a while.

For me theres the memory a few years ago of a major drop in share prices that apparently triggered forced sales of pm's as margin calls had to be met and gold / silver were the most liquid asset held
So suddenly there was a lot of gold on offer at a time when everyone was holding their breath .............

This might be the trigger for contrarians to buy both metals and mining co shares ?

easy way to gear up your gains / losses as the share prices in general of pm mining companies reflects the price of the metals but on steroids.

If you think its all up from here then take the plunge but theres some who say metal prices have got a bit too far ahead and will fall a bit or trade sideways for a while.

For me theres the memory a few years ago of a major drop in share prices that apparently triggered forced sales of pm's as margin calls had to be met and gold / silver were the most liquid asset held
So suddenly there was a lot of gold on offer at a time when everyone was holding their breath .............

This might be the trigger for contrarians to buy both metals and mining co shares ?

Thanks rb, yeah, I'm more of a "it's all up from here" but looking for buying opportunities in the dips.

Back
Top Bottom