List of Per Capita Official Gold Holdings

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I just had discussion with somebody about the importance of per capita gold reserves.
I was really surprised to find out that Lebanon is second after Switzerland :rimshot:

Data is as of late 2010
source: http://www.prudentinvestor.com/2010/11/list-of-per-capita-official-gold.html

goldpercapita.jpg

Well, those numbers assume the official holding figures reflect reality - an assumption that might not be valid in today's rehypothecated to the nth degree world. Also, at least for the USA, Sprott says export numbers don't make sense...

Isn't the ratio of gold to the country's money supply a more important metric?

Isn't the ratio of gold to the country's money supply a more important metric?
I partially agree, but in fiat monetary crises the ratio tends to fluctuate wildly in favor of gold. The per capita ratio is the ultimate shtf metric imho, things like storage locations and the credibility of official numbers aside.

Back
Top Bottom