Relatively Little Physical Gold Available?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Zero Hedge just had an article showing large sales of physical gold even with the big drop in "paper gold" price in 2013.

Also, the 24hgold/eBay widget shows Gold Eagles offered at $1495, a relatively high 21% premium. Typically the premium runs 6% - 9%.

24hgold.com

eBay is full of scammers, don't you know? You'd buy gold from Bay?

I was scammed with little <20 $-worth products and I was VERY disappointed. I can't imagine what could happen if I were tricked with "gold".

Potemkin, no I do not buy anything from eBay. I buy almost everything from my LCS.

I use that widget on their home page as one of my various indicators that something may be up. The ZH article and the high premium may or may not tell us something. I have seen it as high as 21% before, so it is quite imperfect.

The widget is at the bottom left of 24hgold's home page.

WEll just go trough a many website's which buy and sell golds after determine that website's gold value go with best one!

There are very, very few sites on-line that I find trustworthy enough to buy from. When I saw Tulving bite the dust it gave me a hard shiver up my spine, because I once bought a shit ton of junk silver from him. I am not a wealthy man and cannot afford to take a multi-thousand dollar kick in the balls. That said, I will buy from Apmex and occasionally from NWT Mint. While I hate teh long wait from NWT, their prices are reasonable and mark-ups manageable. With Apmex the mark-up is higher than industry average but I like them best because they reliably deliver the products you order and will update you as often as you like. They also e-mail a tracking number.

Even though I am only a few hours away, I have never visited Gainesville coins, but might just pay them a visit when I go up there for a preconstruction meeting in two weeks.

ancona, call Gainesville to make sure they have what you want in stock right there when you are about to visit.

I have never bought from them. I have bought everything from LCS-s over the years except for 10 oz Pt from MONEX (years ago) and 0.25 Au Eagle by Bitcoin.

If Gainesville has what you want, bring up a wad of cash. Even better if you will be there over 24 hours, then you can spend a LOT without being tracked, make that if you spend over $10,000 that there is OVER 24 hours separating your purchases (so not "structured"). My "second" LCS (much further away, but lower premiums) does not even cut an Invoice if I do not ask, and I spent $3600 last time I bought (inc. that slabbed MS-70 Pt Eagle for just $200 over spot).

With Apmex the mark-up is higher than industry average but I like them best because they reliably deliver the products you order and will update you as often as you like.

PRICE - QUALITY - SERVICE

Pick any TWO, you CANNOT have all three.

With Ampex, you are giving up price to get quality and service.

With Tulving, you gave up service to get quality and price.

Given the choices, I would give up price EVERY time so I could sleep at night.

Back
Top Bottom