Schiff on CNBC

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I'm surprised they let him speak as much as they did:

Like the 'Mr T' title.

Yes definitely let him speak a while. They could be getting to the point where they want more informed investors to starting buying physical. Maybe they're worried that if they do too good a job talking down gold in America, there might not be enough about to confiscate in a few months.

...what was more telling than listening to our good old Peter on a roll (man, he can speak ;) - and make sense all the same), was his CNBC audience's reactions - approving nods, "uhms", etc, generally - appreciating mood, instead of usual disbelief mixed with the ridicule. Seems like everybody is slowly starting to get the message...

Hmm, how interesting that CNBS may be warming up, even if slightly, to allow gold being discussed as a legitimate investment.

Has there been a management shift there?

I think it's quite clear from the anchor's questions that Peter was invited to speak to provide her a forum to talk down gold.

I think it's quite clear from the anchor's questions that Peter was invited to speak to provide her a forum to talk down gold.

I don't think so. Any interviewer these days tends to take the opposite side of the argument.

The fact that it was a pretty girl, with a not too aggressive style, limited interruptions and frequent agreeable nods, makes it one of the most gold positive interviews I've seen in a while.

It looks like even the CNBC herd realizes that they're just front-running the Fed and when the music stops you better find yourself sitting on a golden chair or else...

Back
Top Bottom