Selling Coins

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

FPrice

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I have a (mostly) theoretical question about selling coins and how to determine the price you want to ask/settle for.

Let's say you want to sell some 1 oz silver coins. And let's say that spot is currently $15/oz. Would you ask for the spot price? Spot plus some amount? Or less than spot?

I am not planning on selling anything, just wondering how others would price their sale items.

Thanks.

I rarely sell, but when I do, I usually sell to a local coin shop (LCS) and take what they offer (which is generally fair considering the going rate among dealers).

Back
Top Bottom