Global Reserve Currency

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

...SDR are the next option that will keep the circus going for a bit longer. They do have their own printing press in IMF, and they will use it when time comes.

You guys think the BRIC's are going to come out with a gold backed currency soon? Their central banks are buying like crazy. It's gotta be for something along those lines, I'd think.

From what I read about it, it seems that Bitcoins is a quite nice piece of work, with all the cryptography involved, wouldn't be easy to hack - by which I understand "close to impossible to hack" - without cracking general NP class -algorithms (ie, you have the same chance of cracking it, as the highest level cryptography currently available. Practically impossible, unless somebody did something really stupid, when devising the particular security methods. But as of today's understanding, it is practically non-hackable.

That's being said, it comes with the same caveat, as all the modern cryptography - it hasn't been proven mathematically, that it is impossible to hack NP-problems in polynomial time - sorry for jargon. What it means, it is theoretically possible, that there exists a polynomial solution, to as-of-today non-polynomial problem(s). It has just not been found yet - and every mathematician on the planet, would probably sell his soul to the satan himself, to crack one, I suppose. Likewise, it hasn't been proven, that there exists polynomial solution to NP-problem(s).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_versus_NP_problem

on a side note, it is funny to realize, that all our current cryptography, internet security, secure communication and what not, is all hinged on kind of "grey" area of math - we cannot be sure, that some evil professor hasn't actually cracked NP problems in his secret base, and is able to hack ALL of the high-security stuff going through the wires/ether. Or NSA, for that matter :).

I won't be asking DCFusor if NSA can pull this off, because I know he wouldn't be allowed to answer anyway, not without killing us all later :). For what I DO know, NSA requires built-in backdoors in high-security comm devices, for them to tap on, when needed. I don't know why they would require that, if they could crack the communication anyway (other than smokescreen, that they really CAN, and pretend they CANNOT?)

On the other hand, I have yet to see any (more or less) serious stuff that I could buy with bitcoins...

Lastly - and this is an ultimate challenge - everybody will be still a slave to gubbermint-aproved monetary system, at least partially - for as long, as they'll only accept tax payments in their "legal tender". There is no work around that one - you will have to do at least part of your busines in whatever local gubbbermint-approved money is, to pay for your taxes. Which is kind of impractical, to switch to something else, if you still HAVE TO use the "legal tendons" alongside.

BTW, do you guys know, that being a "legal tender" doesn't mean, that people have to accept that kind of money as a payment for anything? They can refuse being paid in dollars for their goods/services, and it is fully legal, they cannot be forced to accept dollars, as a part of the deal. What "legal tender" means, it is that dollars would be enforced by the court to settle the debts. But you don't have to accept them for anything else than a debt repayments - not as a payment, that happens when the exchange of goods/services takes place (thus, there is no debt as such, until the deal is agreed upon). It has some funny implications, when you think about it for a while :)

Last edited:
China to set up a special business zone to experiment with the yuan's convertibility:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18639212

"China has been pushing the use of the yuan as an alternative to the US dollar as a global reserve currency.

Most analysts have said that the yuan needs to be fully convertible before it can be treated as a reserve currency."

How long until the Chinease let the yuan become fully convertible?

:popcorn:

The Qianhai zone will be established in the southern city of Shenzhen, just across the border from Hong Kong.
"Qianhai, as the first experimental zone of the country's modern service industry, should be a pioneer of that."

The zone will now be established over the next eight years, with construction set to start in 2013.

Based upon what I've been seeing (and recording in the total perspective vortex thread), they are accelerating their plans.

Back
Top Bottom