Hyperinflation

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

We won't see hyperinflation until the rest of the world drops the petrodollar. Until then, inflation pressures are going to be exported overseas. It's coming, but the timing is unclear, IMO.

We won't see hyperinflation until the rest of the world drops the petrodollar. Until then, inflation pressures are going to be exported overseas. It's coming, but the timing is unclear, IMO.

...well it depends - base things, that US needs to import, might still see a sharp rise (see prices at the pump) - yes, the inflation gets first exported, but if you need to import things back - you will need to pay in dollars, using exchange rates somewhat similar to today's - but the price will also be inflated in foreign currency -> dollar price will rise as well.

Lots of cycle work points to 2016..

i see it as a huge pressure building between inflation and deflation, with neither getting the upper hand so far.

The building pressure makes the whole thing very unstable and as it grows, a smaller and smaller unforseen event will be all that is needed to have the whole thing fall over.

Only then will we see which is the greater force.

DYODD.

Lessons From Weimar Germany's Hyperinflation: Winners vs Losers​

Aug 22, 2023

15:38

The Weimar Germany hyperinflation happened 100 years ago in 1923. I look at how the hyperinflation happened according to the book "When Money Dies". The hyperinflation after World War 1 in the Weimar Republic of Germany happened in just 5 years. I talk about the types of jobs that did well during the inflation and which ones did poorly. I also look at the different assets like gold, silver, real estate, the stock market, factories, and farming. Some of these fared much better during Germany's hyperinflation than others.
There are lessons to be learned on how to prepare for runaway inflation in the US.

We will have stagflation where prices increase, but growth declines. Germans would rush out to spend their wages on anything tangible.

Gold was good, but real estate got killed. Stock market went up,, but needed to convert gains to physical assets to stay ahead.

Here's another vid from Nick. It's a 17 minute walk & talk in Budapest.

The Truth About The Worst Hyperinflation In History (NOT Venezuela Or Zimbabwe)​

Sep 9, 2023

When people think about inflation or hyperinflation, they think of Venezuela, Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany after WW1. The truth is that the worst hyperinflation in history was in Hungary. I explain the economics and politics of the reason for the hyperinflation in Hungary as I walk through the city of Budapest Hungary. The Siege Of Budapest Hungary during World War 2 played a big part in the reason for the Hungarian hyperinflation.

I talk about what jobs and professions do well during times of high inflation. Also I explain how asset classes like stocks, bonds, real estate, gold, silver, factories and farms do during hyperinflation.

Back
Top Bottom