Review: Apmex

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

5.00 star(s)
2 Rating - Raters
apmex-blue-logo.png

Shipping: $10 on orders under $200, free for larger orders. All orders shipped with insurance.

Payment Options: Credit/debit card (excluding prepaid cards), PayPal, Bank Wire, eCheck, Paper check, Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), Shiba Inu (SHIB), ApeCoin (APE), Polygon (MATIC), 5 USD-pegged stablecoins (GUSD, USDC, USDP, DAI, and BUSD) and Circle Euro Coin (EUROC)

~~~

In my experience, their packing and shipping is excellent. I've never had any problems with any orders.

As one of the largest online dealers, they also have a huge inventory, which means they have items like American Silver Eagles when most other dealers have run out of inventory.

However, they are often not offering the best prices around. It pays to shop around if price is your biggest concern. Apmex does run specials from time to time that beat the going rates elsewhere. I'd suggest signing up for their mailing list to get email notifications when they put things on sale.

Pro tip: you can view the available inventory for many products by trying to add 99999 into the amount field for an item. They don't necessarily list their entire inventory online (they hold some stuff in reserve), but you can be sure that if you place an order, they actually have the inventory to fulfil the order.

Last edited:
Well, placed another order as they were SUPPOSED to have free shipping still. Got charged for shipping anyway, and it's showing it's going to take a week to get here again. Not worth paying the extra price anymore IMO. I can get slow shipping, unresponsive customer service and get lied to from pretty much any site.

11C1P - Did you call them? My past experience with Apmex customer support was very good. I would be surprised if they didn't fix things to your satisfaction.

11C1P - Did you call them? My past experience with Apmex customer support was very good. I would be surprised if they didn't fix things to your satisfaction.

I don't like talking to machines, one of the things I like about email I don't have to press "1" to speak in english, then listen to options, and get put on hold yada yada yada. I emailed them and finally got a response to my question of why I was charged shipping, they said "your package will arrive today" Oh well, lots of other fish in the sea. Tried another site anyway and was quite happy with them as well, so that still leaves me with a handful of trusted sites.

I have checked out their website in the past and as Bug mentioned, they are not the best on price BUT upon further review, I have found that there are some deals to be had if you search them out.
I just completed my first order with them and so far, so good.
I will most likely order from them, again and you can rest assured that if I have a problem with them, I will post it here.

Rating:   5.00 star(s)
They aren't the least expensive, but they have stellar customer support and deliver what they promise. I have ordered many things from them and always had a worry free experience.

Apmex appears to be quoting the COMEX GC contract as spot (for gold) which over the last few weeks anyways, has been running ~$10/toz higher that spot futures.

For example, as of the moment I'm writing this, Goldseek/Kitco as showing spot (futures) at ~$2,045/toz and Apmex is showing gold at ~$2,057 - a $12/toz difference.

~~~

Also, it had been a while since I looked at Apmex, but thanks to @JayDubya 's alert about a deal on 1gram gold, I was noticed that they are now quoting prices for bullion in crypto at a rate just slightly higher than check/wire and well below the credit card rate.

Back
Top Bottom