Broken Elevator Blues

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
So, I got a call from a new[ish] employee today around 3:30 or so. It seems he was in an elevator at the VAB at Kennedy Space Center today, and he got the ride of his life. Apparently, the elevator he got in to on floor 32 [about 435 feet in the air] was having "issues" today. The doors closed and the elevator began a textbook descent when all of a sudden it slam stopped, then started jerking then falling then jerking again then falling some more. Eventually, it ended up on the ground floor but the door wouldn't open. This guy was scared shitless, and I don't doubt that he took a bite out of his shorts with his ass cheeks. :rotflmbo:

I called OPS and told them elevator 11 was having problems and they went with the key to let the guy out. For the uninformed, these elevators are powerful enough and large enough to take a mid-size SUV from the ground floor all the way up with no problems. In addition, they have three fail-safe mechanisms to prevent an all out free fall, but this poor bastard didn't know that, so he was pretty shook up.:flail:

Anyhow, that was my afternoon.:wave:

Scary stuff. The Titanic was also engineered to be unsinkable. Sometimes you can't anticipate every possibility when designing a complex system. At any rate, glad the guy is OK.

Hey I woulda enjoyed the randomness and all that adreneline

.... then dropped into deep meditation ........

A real experience eh ?

Back
Top Bottom