Cabelas Gift Card

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

white&yellow999

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
So I received $300 worth of Cabelas gift cards from work for an "award." I'm in a struggle on what to buy with it. Kind of want a new side arm, but I also would like to buy some ammo in bulk. The $300 would obviously not pay for the entire side arm I am considering but it would take a little less than half the price off, but Cabelas ammo is overpriced so it's like 6 of one half a dozen of another. Anyway wanted to get some others opinions before making my decision. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Haha I guess I could... but I want something of better quality. It would likely be a Berreta M9, or a decent 1911 I would buy. But it sounds like u would lean towards the side arm.

In my experience, Cabelas is "overpriced" for everything. Of course, brick and mortar stores have more overhead costs than pure internet retailers. A couple of points to ponder:

Pure cost benefit ratio: What is the price differential on the sidearm you fancy at Cabelas vs. internet retail + FFL and then ammo at Cabelas vs. internet retail + shipping.

Return policy: I imagine Cabelas brick and mortar might offer some better return/exchange terms if you happen to have any issue with the sidearm.

Purchase what you need/want the most & cover the difference.

Like PMBug said, Cabellas can be a bit overpriced, but when I used to live near a cabellas they used to have a thing called the "bargain cave" and I used to find a lot of great deals in there. Also as I learned when I used to watch that show extreme couponing, you want to be able to get the smaller items for your coupon so you get the item free or nearly free. That's why if you buy a $1,500 gun and get $300 knocked off of it, but get get the same gun at a smaller gun shop or online for less, then it doesn't make a lot of sense. I would either pay something like a Glock that New is around 5-600 then or get as much ammo (or something else) without going too much over the $300 so you get it basically free or a little more plus the tax.

Back
Top Bottom