closing a chapter from June here

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Back in June- a truck took my wire out- and I had to pay $400 to fix it- PPL refused- even tho it was hit before- I complained to the PUC- and they are useless.

Anyhow- today the pole is moved- so it is unlikely- that it will be struck down again by a hit and run truck and incur a $400 bill for me.

One neighbor tried to block the pole being moved- he says when they get out of the car the door will hit the pole.

I am glad- the pole is finally moved.

Careful what you say about Poles, Penn

weve got at least one here .......

hes based in Ireland though (-;

I am Polish and German

Penn, my comment was meant to be a joke. I took five years of German, two years of Spanish, and a year of Russian and have had cause to use none of it, with a few exceptions. As a result of taking Russian, I met Bing, my wife, who speaks Tagalog, Cebuano/Visiya, English, Spanish, Mandarin and what she pronounces as Ah-rahh-bic. Mostly they all speak Cebuano here, though. A lot of the words are Spanish (Spain ruled the Philippines for 400 years) but some are different. Puta is bread; Bing told the spanish cokes guy at work, when comparing languages, "in MY country we EAT puta". You should have seen his face. Likewise, "leche" means G damn it. Always know your word.... :)

Update- last night a truck jumped 4 feet curb. It did alot of damage to my neighbor- however moving the power pole ot my house paid off! I have no damage.

Back
Top Bottom