Hundreds of workers blockade S. African platinum mines Tags: AFRICA Hundreds of people barrica

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Hundreds of workers blockade S. African platinum mines
Tags:

AFRICA

Hundreds of people barricaded roads leading to a mine of the world’s top platinum producer Anglo American as labour unrest spread in South Africa’s key industry, police said.

“There is a strike, mine workers are gathering,” police spokesman Thulani Ngubane told AFP.

“They are rioting, barricading the roads with tyres, trees trunks and rocks.”

He said four shafts were affected by the unrest, adding “the situation is under control.”

the South African government, Amplats, and police had better handle this very, very carefully; otherwise, they may well have a revolution on their hands.
»

watched a video on you tube yesterday of the police machine gunning the unarmed mine workers, nine dead. yeah, the police have it under control.

Well, the platinum dealers seem to be all over it too. Price is up 41 dollars today, that's quite the pop.

Back
Top Bottom