I am worried about a traffic tix cos I smacked

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So the other day I did not stop in time at a red light- the car I hit -hit the car in front of her.

The front car had the decal scraped. Other then that there is no damage to any of the 3 cars- no air bags went off on the 3 cars- I drive a small 2006 it even has a decorative plate on the front- my car does not have a scratch.

The woman in the middle car is screaming to go to the hospital. This same woman has no car insurance. An ambulance came to take her- the hospital is a mile away.

The cop or a man- told me I could leave. I never got my papers back. The next day I went to look for them- did not see them- walked to the car- and there was a business card from the police officer to call him. This was 9am. I phoned- he said why did I leave- I said an officer told me I could leave. He said he was the only officer there- and he did not- I said someone told me. I asked him on the phone and in person- if I am going to get a ticket - he said "I do not know". (In PA the cops can postal mail you a ticket) In person- I said- if I have to get a ticket- I hope it is the cheapest one. The cop said all of the tickets are expensive now. (indeed PA just passed a highway bill that adds surcharges to tickets) I mentioned to the cop my last incident was 7 years ago. My license plate as part of the numerals is the official disabled plate. This means I can use the disabled parking based on that plate. The cop would know right a way a disabled person owns/drives said car. I hesitated to ever get that plate as I did not want to be a target of road rage- (I slapped on 2 NRA stickers tho)

The night of the accident I reported it to my insurance company at 1am. She said body injury wont increase my rates- but over x amount of damage to the cars will. Only a decal was marred. The following day my insurance company called and took the formal recorded statement. I told my ins- that if the other ins companies call me for a statement that I refuse to talk to them. They want me to take pics of the front end of my car and forward it to them.

Last night I checked the police blotter and looked around online- to see if the accident was mentioned- it was not. I live in a small town area.

This would not be so bad if tickets cost- $50- but this ticket can cost $300-$400 and 3 points.

This could have gotten very stupid. My cousin in Chicago had an accident and they trumped up DUI charge on her over prescription xanax- it seems states find a new revenue source by looking for rxs.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/pub472.pdf (points)

About 20 years ago- I did get a ticket in PA. They do have a payment plan- but due to working alot of hours I missed a weekly payment- when I went in the following week- she told me they were just about to place a warrant out for my arrest.
Even when you have a payment plan they demand the totality with in 90 days or whatever it is.

I did not mention it here- as you know I filed chapter 7 some months back. I recently acquired 3 visa cards- the total line available is $3500. So I must have did the bankruptcy right. I read the fine print and if I use 2 of them in the first 90 days and back and forth a few months they will increase my limit by $500 each. (capital one) int rate is 22%ish- no annual fee. I have no plans to apply for other credit cards- the goal is to improve my credit so I can move and get another mortgage in 2 years. Shirley had a big fight with me over my getting credit cards. I said what if there is an emergency.

1. any idea what the fine will be?
2. PA offers a reduced license plate fee for elderly/disabled, too bad there isnt something to help with fines.

3. At current I am not planning to go to court-in a small town area- when you get ticket- the judges almost never throw it out.

Comments? Concerns?

If this were you- do-s and donts?

Penn

you cannot undo what has happened so must accept whatever concequences occur.

It will probably hurt but it will be a while before you repeat the error.

Here we are 5 days later. I did alot of digging- no ticket has been recieved in the mail yet.

So that is good.

Saturdays mail came and no ticket. A few days ago I ordered my driver history and nothing current was on it.

I am beginning to think the middle car had no insurance at all. In the pre report the listed insurance is UNK- for unknown.

When I last checked my insurance claim section- they had no additional info- but they said it can take 30 days.

I think SOP is to mail a ticket out pretty fast. Not this long.

Another week has gone by, and I have not received a ticket- (yet)

The gal in back said it can take 6-8 weeks and she had one 90 days later from helicopter speed enforcement outside of Harrisburg. My other neighbor says I am worried for nothing- to relax.

My brother says- that the ins- will ponder if this accident was staged.

The item that jumps out at me- is the middle car had no insurance.

I guess in IL the fine for no ins is $1000. (tho this is PA)

Hey Penn

Worrying about it is harmful for you.
Every day that passes increases your chance of a good outcome.

Only start to worry if a notification does show up and even then worrying does not really help.

I know its easy to sit here miles away and say dont worry but so much of your stress and anxiety comes from speculation about stuff that may or may not happen ......
and as for worrying about what what people allegedly think and say, that may or may not effect or impact you personally, it really is a huge waste of energy allowing it to enter your consciousness and it eats away at you. Its a no brainer.

Be well

I had another accident today. I was stopped at a light and a car smacked into me.

There was no damage- I told the driver to let it go.

I see my windshield has a 2nd ding in it. That bothers me more then getting hit today.

My advice would be to go out in your car and drive it into something solid that will not be damaged, cos these things always come in threes :noevil:

No ticket. It seems that I would have got it by now.

I was in Chicago- my brother buffed out the paint job that I damaged when I hit my shed.

Back
Top Bottom