My house- thoughts...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Of the neighbors- one pays $525 rent and one $600 for a townhouse. Mine is single family corner house with covered parking. I have maybe 500 more square feet- and a botanical garden lovely for outdoor entertaining. In addition, I have views of the river- and that view is to the west. and south with a southern exposure.

I pondered renting out my house and buying some other place. It can take 2 years to sell a house here.

I can not get a new mortgage yet- as I did a chapter 7 last year.

The place in the country- I would like is $23k. If I sold silver- that is more then the 500 oz a normal house should be.

Then there is a fixer upper- an hour from here for $3,500. It looks like it has potention- average house there is 38k- $130k. Lets say this house- which has a view and off street parking- 1 car garage... is worth 30k if placed into service. To buy it you have to put the offer into a govt website- it is as is. I wondered if it has mold. The roof is bad I am sure.

Then 2 blocks from here is a house- was a double now a 1. It is bank owned. They want $15k. The taxes are 1100, should be no more then $700. When they made it into one house the tax office- I doubt adjusted the mils.

As far as getting excited- the place in the country- excites me. The value is limited to most- it was an old church- there is a graveyard...on a hill, and 850 sq feet 2 bedrooms. A family would want more space- the yard would not hold a swing set- due to hill.

Realtors do not like to work. They want houses that are $120k- thats where they rake in the 6% commission. They do not work nights or weekends.

I could maybe rent my house to the neighbor who pays $600. My payment is $230.

My total credit card debt is $2800. There is no interest till Sept 2015.

It is too bad that 500 oz of silver wont buy that house in the country. There are no neighbors. None. There is a view of a lake-- the view is better then the guy who owns the lake.

scratch the 23k house in the country- there is a cash contract on it. umm- would be a deal breaker- as part of the ownership I would have to maintain the cemetary.

maintaining the cemetary would be a job for a goat or a couple of sheep .........

Keeping all those troubled spirits out of your life might be a bit more interesting though (-;

on further thinking- I think I want to simplify my life.

Keep it simple. Why does that become elusive?

I been redoing- the window treatments here. I could go around in circles. At least it is just me to decide if I like it or not. I got fancy $300 vertical shades like new for $30. I am surprised I got that installed. Each time I do a new project- things get moved around.

I was going to hang some mirrors...

But- sometimes I do a project and then change my mind. I want to be able to have full sunlight- but then shut it all for the night.

Back
Top Bottom