over 55 community?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Like attracts like Penn.

I live in the state with the most of those communities besides Arizona. These folks have all raised their own kids and are no longer interested in listening to the fucking blaring rap "music" and their foul attitudes anymore, and all they want is to live in peace without having to listen to some spoiled brat throw a temper tantrum because mommy won't let him have ice cream for breakfast. I say let them live in peace [and quiet].

I'm getting pretty close to that phase in my life as well. I do not want to be subjected to someone else's vision of "free speech" and "freedom of expression" as well. This ain't 1960, when kids actually had respect for us, it's more like total hatred. I hope this "youth" generation dies off pretty quickly.

Last edited:
My grandparents did 1/2 of the year in one of those in FL.

I am loosing a neighbor... and could get the type you describe. I am 51- so 55 is not that far off.

As a rule I dont like rules of the HOA type- but- I am finding that some things I just cant keep up with- it is harder to do yard work.

I dont particularly want to go into the highrise.

I also am not a big one to think the grass is greener somewhere else.

We shall see.

Its further polarisation of community.

Ancona also recognises the universal law of attraction which says 'like goes to like'

If you extend the idea further you will end up with enclaves of clones. Not my idea of a good way to live. I do understand the need for a bit of peace n quiet as you get older though.

I am happy to engage with people of all ages and viewpoints.
When interaction is nonjudgemental its fascinating how people will open up.

For a lot of us its the nonjudgemental bit thats hard to do.

I wasnt happy that next door was rented to kids. But as it turns out- I hope they live there forever. The owner wants to move into that house this summer. When the owner gets out of his car he is loud- even if it is 11:30 at night- he has 4 grandkids- and there will be parties in his yard all the time. They all slam the car door as hard as the can... which is right outside my window.

I love the people who live there. She sent over a plate of food a few times.

I have it all set up to pay the boy to cut my weeds in the summer. I dont know how that will go- but in that case- the ones who live there are better then the owner who is over 50...because the owner wants parties in the yard all the time wiht his 4 grandkids who require 20-30 friends.....

Rblong,
I agree with like attracts like, and I fully understand why this is precisely why multiculturalism is now and will always be doomed to failure. The dominant group will eventually demand that the host culture bend to its will [think Islam] and change their culture and country to be more like the country they emigrated from. In addition, I think that as we get older, we reach a point where we don't care to "explore" the new music scene, participate in new trends [think hipsters] or deal with those embracing new music shit [think gangster rap].

I agree that a totally homogeneous community can and will breed contempt for other lifestyles, but I also believe there is a need for such enclaves, because they will always exist [think Little Italy, little Viet Nam, etc.] because as we agree like attracts like. As long as no one is excluded simply because of what they listen to, their job, their religion or whatever. However, if that individual demands that everyone else change their viewpoint and give up whatever religious beliefs or closely held convictions they may have to bend to or respect their position [think the LGBT mafia bully assholes].

When it comes to that, the minority population needs to accept that their lifestyle has been [generally] accepted, but it has to be left at that. Forcing the LGBT agenda down the throats of grade schoolers, as is currently being done, is complete horseshit. Kids that age have zero sexual inclinations, yet the LGBT lobby has made sure that we must pervert our children with thoughts they are far, far too young ot understand.

Last edited:
I resent that I am being forced to pay for a new school.

I resent that I am being forced to pay for a new school.

That is one of the few things I don't mind my tax dollars being used for. Now some of the crap they are teaching in some of the schools is another story. Ours isn't as bad as a lot, but we have that "hey we're a small community so lets show them how great we are by being sensitive to cultures that don't even exist in our school" syndrome.

I would draw a distinction between respecting the needs of others and any cultural issue

Think this is where multiculturalism misses the point.

If we bring up children so that they are unaware of the need for respect, it doesnt really matter their colour.

Oh yeah respect is something we have to earn, its a 2 way flow.
Most Gov types seem to miss this all important point .....

I would draw a distinction between respecting the needs of others and any cultural issue

Think this is where multiculturalism misses the point.

If we bring up children so that they are unaware of the need for respect, it doesnt really matter their colour.

Oh yeah respect is something we have to earn, its a 2 way flow.
Most Gov types seem to miss this all important point .....

You can teach kids about islam (even though they aren't allowed to teach about christianity) without changing the names of everything from christmas break, and christmas pageant to "winter" and not allowing them to sing any traditional christmas songs, or put up christmas trees (originally from a pagan tradition) and so on and so on. Especially when even many years from when they started this, there are only a handful of muslims in the entire school system let alone each individual school. It is supposed to be majority rule with minority rights. Now it is minority rule and the majority has no rights. I'm agnostic but understand that our country was founded on judeo-christian principles and the country is still predominantly christian and have no problems with the established holidays. So making such an over reaction to the smallest (albeit most violent) of minorities, even when they aren't present, just emboldens them to demand more and more. I hope I am still around when all these liberal hippies on tv who just say we need to talk to them and love them not sanction them and kill them, meet up with isis types and see how their hug it out diplomacy works. Of course a few of them have gone over their and lost their heads. Literally.

hmm- if 51% vote to ban folks with red hair- should the majority rule?

Our large condo community is mostly retirees, although we have numerous families (inc. a children's playground and a "family pool").

Our most obnoxious neighbors (right above us) make LOTS of noise (how?) even without their children. I guess it gets down to character.

Our large condo community is mostly retirees, although we have numerous families (inc. a children's playground and a "family pool").

Our most obnoxious neighbors (right above us) make LOTS of noise (how?) even without their children. I guess it gets down to character.

I have been in our high rise. That is elerly/disabled. Not kids- because the units are all 1bedroom-- the set up - well it is like a hotel room. Flexicore constuction- but in the halls- you can still hear everyones tv set. Older people have hearing loss- and for now they have tv on all day long. Tho in moms condo they made a rule no tv after 10pm.

Back
Top Bottom