Peter Schiff Speaks for 1 Percent at Occupy Wall Street

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Funny, sad and entertaining:

Calling for a 70% tax rate and calling yourself "pro-capitalism". The misinformed masses.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-18/bofa-said-to-split-regulators-over-moving-merrill-derivatives-to-bank-unit.html
This could turn a private loss into a public debt, BAC transferring risky derivative portfolio into FDIC insured unit.
But this is defiantly an entertaining video. Although I think at some points in the video it make Peter Schiff seem extremely greedy. He says something to the effect of well once I reach the 2 million dollar mark I will pack up and not work again until next year, and also seems pretty candor about the prospect of potentially firing the 150 workers he employees if he has to pay more taxes.

Last edited:
I have mixed emotions concerning OWS. The crushing of a generation of dreams cant pass silently, and they (and many others) deserve to be mad as hell. At the same time though, how can they afford to pay their bills? Do they not have obligations? I think of the time I can budget between work, home (also work), and family time. There is no time left to complain. I would have to work my butt off for a year to take a month and do nothing. And if I'm going to do that, lets go to Tobago.
At least there are a few there who could hold a decent conversation with Schiff

Back
Top Bottom