• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
A month ago- a lady from Ohio was traveling i80 in central PA. Some teens thru a rock - it broke her windshield -she litterly lost an eye ball. 4 teens were involved- 3 will be tried as adults. We raised 60k for this woman. She was in critical condition- she just got upgraded to serious condition.

SO now the other day a tractor trailer had his windshield busted up- around $1000 damage. He is not hurt. The perps not caught-yet.

We are a rural area- in the past we did not need fences on over passes- and we are quite hilly- the highest point east of the Mississippi river is not for from here... so even if we gated every over pass this can still happen.

Thus far- my hunch is mommy and daddy will simply pay a fine... and the punk will be free. Like many areas we have our share of punks- many from NJ, NY, Philly.

This is worrisome.

As much as I dont like more laws- I am thinking perps should be ineligible for a drivers license for 10 years AFTER jail/probation is served.

You could ride a bike from my house to both locations where this happened.

of the 2 links- please look at this one. She now speaks via a trachea tube. She did not do anything to anyone.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...ron-budd-out-of-icu-after-july-10-rock-attack

this is the trucker from this week
http://newsitem.com/news/close-call...ter-assailants-throw-rocks-at-truck-1.1730682
===========================

I have been in touch with my local newspaper. I also have contacted my state Reps office. (they know my well there)

I need ideas- to pass along. This can be your loved one, it could be you.

We are a rural area- there are 200,000 people in 4 counties. Even with out punks- we do get landslides. A rock as large as a car has been known to fall off a mountain. Those areas are marked- beware of falling rocks- per the yellow signs. Some such areas have high fencing. At one point the fireman hosed down the side of route 11- the idea was to set loose the rocks that were going to fall in the next heavy rain. So far- it seems to have worked.

Kids go back to school soon..so that may help.

A good portion of my property tax- goes for things for kids to do. We built a skate park just for the kids- this in addition to ball fields- a pool, boating-fishing- YMCA- and a grandiose library we did not need. There should not be such a thing as a bored kid!

We got to find a way for these kids to have skin in the game.

Thus far- the only ideas floated are lock them away and throw away the key. Judges in the area- they are strict- they almost never cut a criminal a break.

Like it or not- our quaint area- is becoming urban. We are a suburb with out a city.

Area bikers and others raised just over $60,000 for Sharon Budds medical bills. No way will that cover over a month in ICU.

As an area- we rely in part on tourism money. We also house corporate headquarters of a larger grocer. We have a handful of universities- one of our main industries is prefab houses- and companies that make parts for them.

Tourists could stop coming. Truckers could stop delivering. Then we are screwed. I suppose attention galore could be paid to i80. But the exits- off of there are tougher to secure.

Our Governor just raised car fees- we now will be among the highest in the nation. Last time we got more then our share of federal highway money- and I expect Bud Shuster will do that again this time.

A shred of good news- all 4 teens were caught and 3 will be charged as adults. But that wont let Sharon speak with out a trachea tube, and it wont replace her eye ball.

The rock thrower at the trucker- I doubt will be caught. Maybe insurance covers some of it- but then who pays for insurance? yeah- all of us do.

Comments please-

Attachments

• NE_Ohio_teacher_Sharon_Budd_in_critical__1800480000_6829306_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    NE_Ohio_teacher_Sharon_Budd_in_critical__1800480000_6829306_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
I voted no. I think they should be tried for attempted murder.

Lose their drivers license ?? :doodoo:

They should be whipped like a rented mule.

I vote no. I think these ferals should be tried in adult court for murder. If the Grand Jury won't indict them for attempted murder they should be tried for assault with a deadly weapon with intent to cause great bodily harm. Then, they should be transported to the Big Boys prison so they can be someones bitch for twenty years.

Rocks are easily deadly weapons and deadly force is justified to repel a rock attack. Treat them as if they were shooting at people, murderers, since the difference is really just projectile size and speed.

We did the stupidest things when we were kids and it was only our good fortune that no one got seriously hurt.

On a deeper level there are sometimes karmic reasons for being in the 'wrong place at the wrong time' and also future karmic balancing for the perps.

There was a time when I would have agreed with the hang em from a tree response but I find myself much more accepting of what we recieve, its all just experience in the end.

Doesnt sit well when a parent is badly hurt or taken from their children though.

Learning to take responsibility for our actions, at all levels, seems to be the lost lesson here.

2 of the teens had a court hearing today. they were expressionless. on bail 50k. considered to be under house arrest.

Back
Top Bottom