For your listening pleasure...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
PLEASE.......do not use the link if you are not willing to listen to the entire piece, :clap:

Thank you!

Thanks. Amazing talent. I used to play piano as a kid. I cannot imagine how messy the sheet music was to read for a piece like that. Best I ever got was stuff like "The Entertainer".

Then I just kind of lost interest, grew up, and forgot everything. Still, easy to pick up once you know the keys and how to read the music though.

That was most excellent. Very talented pianist. Thanks Ancona.

Every time I listen to Beethoven I can't help but wonder how deaf he was when he composed the piece I am listening to. Seems an incredible tragedy for such talent to compose beautiful works that he could never hear for himself. It would be like me writing an amazing computer program in a spiral notebook and never getting to see the code run on a computer.

Valentina Lisitza is by far and away my favorite piano player of all time. She is so incredibly talented I can listen to the same group of pieces over and over again.

Last edited:
Great piece! Thanks.

There are not many better proofs of the 'dumbing down' syndrome than to compare the classical music of yesteryear to stuff like heavy metal or rap music today.

Ancona,

Thank you for the link to this awesome lady. In the past, I have saved several videos of Valentina Lisitsa's music. And, I too, can listen to any of them, any number of times and never get tired of listening . . .

Not sure you guys like it. Anyway, it's very calming after a very busy week for me
[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjNuQJG9xY"]Glenn Gould 1932 - 1982 Bach Toccatas BWV 910 - 916.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

One of the best renditions of Amazing Grace. Sung in the Roman coliseum where Christians were fed to the lions, this is worth your 4 1/2 minutes. Each verse is different and inspiring.

One more thing, as you listen to the music, listen to the words...

Not sure you guys like it. Anyway, it's very calming after a very busy week for me
Bach is one of my favorites! About 10 yrs ago I went to see a local performance of the Goldberg Vairations for harpsichord, it was brilliant.:gold:

Here's one I go to when I want to forget the world (like every day lol):

One of the best renditions of Amazing Grace. Sung in the Roman coliseum where Christians were fed to the lions, this is worth your 4 1/2 minutes. Each verse is different and inspiring.

One more thing, as you listen to the music, listen to the words...

IL DIVO - Amazing Grace HD (clean) Legendado - YouTube

Jetstream, thanks for your link to Amazing Grace. There are almost countless great music videos " out there ". But I believe your link is the best version of Amazing Grace I have ever heard :) It was . . . amazing. ( The words too, of course. )

Some INSANE video of my darling Valentina Lisitsa playing Chopin Etude, Opus 10, 4th movement.

DAMN!!!!

Ennio Morricone - Gabriel's Oboe (In Concerto - Venezia 10.11.07)

OK, I have some great stuff today!!

This piece was published well after Beethoven death by Anton Diabelli, as he went though a bunch of his papers, he stumbled across this unfinished gem. Rage over a lost penny. It is magnificent [in my opinion]. In fact, It is widely accepted as axiom that this particular piece lay unfinished in his [Beethoven's] papers until discovered by Diabelli, who magnanimously finished this wonderful piece of magic for us. So, please take the time [5 minutes more or less] o listen to it.

You will not be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom