Amagi will no longer accept dollars!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think they meant they just don't take cash. They still accept credit cards, paypal, bank wires, etc.

Nope, they are going to be doing nothing but the "crypto currencies"

http://newsbtc.com/2014/08/20/amagi-metals-longer-accept-us-dollars-2016/

“We want to be a leader in the sound money movement,” he said in a statement published on the company’s website. “With the adoption of cryptocurrencies increasing every day, their viability is virtually assured. History shows that paper currency, backed by nothing of value, will ultimately fail. It’s only a matter of time until no one will be accepting the dollar. By trading exclusively in cryptocurrencies, we’ll still be in business when that time comes.”

"... once the year 2016 is over ..."

That's a long way off. That said, this is a dumb decision for a business.

"... once the year 2016 is over ..."

That's a long way off. That said, this is a dumb decision for a business.

I guess at my age 2 years ain't what it used to be. Like I told my wife the other day, I must be getting old cause when I see a movie that says 2002 and I think of it as new.

Back
Top Bottom