Anywhere i can trade gold for silver vice-versa?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sthprkmp5

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there any websites or dealers that let you exchange gold for silver or silver for gold?

Ancona is right. You really should only do that at a LCS.
Trying to deal from a distance leaves the door too wide open for things to go sideways in swaps as far as I'm concerned.
I always like to look eye-to-eye with the person I am dealing with.

Does anyone know if there any websites or dealers that let you exchange gold for silver or silver for gold?

You can exchange silver for gold, gold for silver, different types of silver for each other, ect at a LCS for a small fee. One example I have seen was a friend wanted to trade an AGE for a Canadian Gold Eagle. It cost him one ounce of silver to do the switch at our LCS.

Also, if you are lucky enough to know any other PM bugs in your area, you can always doing private party deals.

:wave:

This is one of the few benefits of using Bullionvault or Goldmoney.

As they supplied and hold your PM's in their vault, they can guarantee the metal is part of a 999 'good delivery' bar. This allows you to sell it either to GM at their advertised offer price, or to another Bullionvault user who has deposited the necessary funds.

The sale immediately credits your account with fiats and you are free to buy another metal and choose which vault to store it in

I traded some gold for silver last year, partly because I had started buying gold with Bullionvault and was storing it in London and partly because we were about to break the Morgue ( yeah i was young and gullible then )
One day I took a look round their reporting systems and realised that most were storing their gold in Zurich .......

The process was easy, the subsequent price action in silver was less easy

Back
Top Bottom