California couple finds $10 million in gold coins buried in backyard

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

That's $28K face value. If I read that right, it's just over 1,400 toz or ~$1.9 million bullion value at today's spot (~$1,335).

If I found gold in my back yard, I wouldn't tell a soul, but I would take it on the first speed boat out of town.

That's $28K face value. If I read that right, it's just over 1,400 toz or ~$1.9 million bullion value at today's spot (~$1,335).

I'm guessing the collector value and condition of the coins is why they are saying $10million then? When I initially saw the story this morning I thought they were saying about 2 mill in gold, then later on I heard the 10 mill figure, so I was kind wondering what the deal was, but I suspected there might be a healthy difference between the scrap value vs. collector value and maybe that's where the mix up came.

The value apparently keeps going up as the coin grader looks at each coin. There is a very, very rare SF minted coin worth a million bucks all by itself. This is being called the biggest discovery of its kind ever in the US.

They should sell all those numi's to whatever suckers will pay that kind of jack for them, then turn around and buy GSE's and ASE's.

Yes you are correct. I read they took one can home so I didn't think it was that many coins but later in the article they say 8 cans total and 1400 coins. So I'm guessing they saw the contents of the one can and went back and dug up the rest?

Must be an awesome feeling, digging up hoping to find 1 more can but finding 7 more!

First rule of Gold club. Don't talk about Gold club. Hence my decision to post less to this site unfortunately. :(

Back
Top Bottom