European Dictatorship?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think the USA has been working on it locally in earnest since Bush II's second term.

Nah, you're not going far enough back. It's the old exponential curve - you can decide the tip up point is anywhere you like. But it's been one-way since the cowboys at least.

Yeah, that's why I said "in earnest". Things accelerated greatly about that time IMO.

Yep, that's when it really began to be clear that people thought congress could override the bill of rights. Before that, they were more careful not to be so obvious about it.

Dictatorship is coming. If you look at history, every time there is economic upheaval in Europe, someone comes along to "save Europe." And two things always seem to happen. First a dictator. Second war.

ONLY Germany can save Europe now. So, watch Edmund Stoiber and Karl Theodor von- und zu- Guttenberg, both of whom could easily become the "Savior" of Europe. If you see one or both of them be invited to salvage the mess (not elected), expect him to DICTATE how the mess will be salvaged.

When? Soon. This cannot go on forever. The German people will be begging for a savior soon. Because of what happened in 509BC, my bets would be on the 4th of July this year for SOMETHING significant to jell in Europe. Not necessarily "the dictatorship," but something that would be momentous and probably would usher in a dictator in short order.

Nigel sounds like a modern Winston Churchill. Go back and read what Winston said in the years before World War II. Same scenario - Different players.

As an aside, if another German dictator appears on the scene, is it prudent for the U.S. to have German Tornado jets continue to be based at Holoman AFB in New Mexico? And is it prudent for part of the German High Command to continue to be based at Fort Bliss near El Paso, Texas and just over the border from Mexico, a German sympathizer during WWII? And would it be prudent for German companies continue to own and control 10% of U.S. drinking water, primarily in the North Atlantic states? Etc., ad infinitum.

Yeah, that's why I said "in earnest". Things accelerated greatly about that time IMO.

They visibly accelerated greatly then.

However, ever since President Reagan "canceled" the Constitution in October, 1986, things have been accelerating faster and faster. For most people, this has just been the "frog in the boiling water" syndrome. Now that the water is really starting to get hot, people are starting to wake up, but like the frog boiling to death, it may be too little too late.

The only way to have a dictatorship in the US is to remove the weapons from private citezens.

We surely live in interesting times. As KyleB points out, historically, when we get to this place financially, a major war is the result. But who vs who this time? I kind of doubt the usual suspects, as they now all have nukes. And the bigs all need one another to survive and know it, so I doubt we get into a world war class war with say, China or any of the other majors. Proxy wars aren't severe enough to do the trick - some major country has to get bombed into the stone age to create the "real" version of the broken window fallacy (and kill off the people who enjoy violence and volunteer for it).

I wouldn't worry too much about the Germans trying to take over the world again. This time we'd wipe the floor with them easier than ever - it'd be the kind of war we're actually prepared for, versus the type we've been fighting lately - in this case, you know where to put the bombs, unlike with asymmetric war - The big trouble would be remembering to reprogram all our radars and IFF's to "enemy" for their gear, so we don't have a Falklands experience with Excocets and similar things.

I just don't see it happening. Yeah, Putin's doing his usual sabre rattling to try to whip up sentiment for himself to stay in power, nothing to see there - our proposed missile defenses in eastern Yurp never would have had any effect against his stuff, and his scientists surely know that.

So, who? Over what? For the first time we really don't have a historical precedent, all previous depressions have missed a few countries, this time it's truly global, we're all in the same boat more or less.

I see big revolts as a lot more likely. Whether that gives some opportunist a door into trying to take over "the land next to mine" remains to be seen. But war is always about money - stealing the other guy's resources. Now we're all broke. So what would be the point? As Sting said - who wants this used-up world anyway?

Theree is always someone willing to step up to the microphone and stir up the bees to suit their own purposes. In the absence of anyone willing to stand up and speak the truth, or more accurately, in the absence of any of our media to allow someone to step up and speak the truth, we are left with choosing between the two elitists they allow us to choose from. In this case, I think we are fucked beyond any ability to properly quantify. Obama? Mittens??

Neither one of these idiots has our interests in mind. Period. They are both globalists and they are both merely puppets with the same masters.

We are well and truly fucked.

@ancona
I am not as pessimistic as many. That does not mean I have my head in the sand and am oblivious to the reality of what is going on.

It means I have faith in God who is still in control. Now if I didn't have that, I would be in full-blown depression.

It means I have faith in God who is still in control. Now if I didn't have that, I would be in full-blown depression.

I am sure He is in full control. However, that does not mean that He is not orchestrating the mess we are in, nor does it mean He will step up to the plate and pull us out of this mess, nor does it mean that He is not standing on the sidelines watching us shaft ourselves. It is just a matter of whether that full control coincides with our take on the issue or not.

Depending on how you interpret certain prophecies, this might all be part of God's plan - for the end times, or their precursor. Having seen a few of those plans work out over time - in completely unexpected ways that wound up better than I could have imagined at the time, I've learned that hindsight is golden in those situations - and know to just wait and see.

On the other hand, chance favors the prepared...something to do whilst waiting.

Back
Top Bottom