Inventory stress on the COMEX driving market manipulation?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Dave in Denver with a thought provoking blog post:
Bill pointed out that the action in the shares on Friday - unexplainably lower - forecast today's action in the metals, as the big bank manipulators - left unregulated by the regulators - usually hit the mining shares before they try to raid the metals. I agreed with that for the most part except that the hit on silver didn't work on Friday. It's true the hit on the shares forecast this but the reason for it is to try and reduce the amount of actual Comex gold and silver deliveries they have to make, especially if the receivers (stoppers) ask for the metal to be delivered off the Comex. I think there's a real inventory stress building on the Comex. I think the advent and growth of SLV and GLD alleviated this for a few years but now more investors are understanding the difference between ETFs and real metal and the risks of leaving your metal with a questionable custodian. Just the movement of the reported inventory of metal at the Comex over the past couple of weeks tells us something unusual is going on.

More: http://truthingold.blogspot.com/2011/12/mf-global-and-truth-about-our-entire.html

When you consider the news about miners being approached directly by buyers of size, it lends credence to the idea that the existing market system might be breaking down.

As certain as I am that folks here are familiar With Harvey Organ, I thought it appropriate to put a link to his site in the thread. Those who are not familiar with Harvey, rest assured that he's a PM maven.

http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/

Back
Top Bottom