Nickle Coins?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have some Ron Paul copper rounds and will likely get one or two of these just to "have" them. I quite enjoy having a piece or three of the weird stuff out there. There is a place where you can by .999 copper bullion from one ounce rounds up to [ I think ] ten kilos.

Provident metals sells some cool stuff, although some of it is on the spendy side of pricing.

LME Mickel was priced at $7.94 a pound so an ounce is around .50c. That places this round at a price of 10X bulk nickel pig. Eith3r way, they are still cool and for five bucks I can afford two or three to satisfy my PM ADHD. The copper is much more reasonably priced with the kilo bars at something like +40% over bulk copper pig, which in my eyes is pretty fookin cheap for ,999 fine metal. I may actually spend two or three hundred bucks just to have twenty kilo's or so. That prices it at around 100% premium before shipping.

Last edited:
I got one of these at a gun show (copper round), dealer was funny. I think it was 2.00, he said I'll give you a discount if you buy ten. I said how much are ten? he said 20.00

After commenting on this topic, I went to Provident and ordered 200+ dollars worth of the fine copper and five nickel rounds. Why not?

I know the copper is expensive, but on the other hand, between the rounds and the kilo bars, some day in the not too distant future, they may be equivalent to today's 20 dollar bills. To the uninitiated......who knows? All I know for sure is that the days of fiat are numbered, it's just a question of how long now.

Isn't copper like .22 an AVDP Oz. Doesn't seem to make much sense buying a 1 oz round for .99, then pay for shipping. What am I missing here?
Ref: Provident Metals

Isn't copper like .22 an AVDP Oz. Doesn't seem to make much sense buying a 1 oz round for .99, then pay for shipping. What am I missing here?
Ref: Provident Metals

my sin, cupidity.

Back
Top Bottom