• 1 Post By drAGonfly47
  • 2 Post By ancona

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
n00b

Liked: 0 times
Petition: US Mint needs to improve gold lineup

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I have a petition which demands that the US Mint improve their gold coin lineup given the Treasury Secretary's "broad authority" to mint and issue gold coins. This petition calls on the US Mint to reissue classic coin designs.

This petition also calls on the US Mint to issue a 1/20th ounce American Gold Eagle which would make the American Gold Eagle program more affordable and accessible to all. If Canada has a 1/20th ounce Gold Maple Leaf, then why can't the US Mint have a 1/20th ounce American Gold Eagle.

Please sign the petition today at: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ct-lineup.html

This petition also calls on the US Mint to submit some of the proposed numismatic gold coins produced to NGC and or PCGS directly and to sell some of these coins based on the grades assigned.

Thank you for your support!
Vocal Coin Collectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2451 times
The US Mint stopped producing 1/10 ounce ASE coins for a while last year. I doubt they are going to introduce another, smaller coin when they have trouble meeting demand for what they are already producing.

Also, if NGC/PCGS are buying coins directly from the Mint and then grading them (as a private entity), they have the right to resell them with whatever markup they want. I don't see how any petition is going to force the NGC/PCGS to provide their service for free. I don't expect the US Mint to resell coins graded by private entities. If you want graded numismatics, you pay the price.
ancona likes this.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
n00b

No, this petition calls for the US Mint to submit coins to NGC/PCGS and sell the US Mint to then them on their catalog.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #4
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 54 times
If you had not added coin grading worshipping, interest would go beyond the online thought which is frequent..."crazy"

Let us not delve into Canadian mint premium nightmares. The US mint should meet and stay within Constitutional law and guidelines.

Additionally, numismatic value is -0- ZERO when and if a currency adjustment occurs. History defines this extremely well.
Invest in what is NEEDED not what may be wanted.

Grading coins removes the base of investing, beginners. Exceptionally so, the youth. Not seeing beyond the occasional youth at LCS's and coin shows. All are older than me and I am not a spring chicken.

I sincerely enjoy Numis when I dig up a dime and it is worth $85. That immediately becomes 4 oz of .999 silver @ LCS. The potential of such .999 is far beyond .10c maintaing its collector/numis value in my lifetime.

I wish you well in gaining 1/20th oz Au and design updates. Ditch the numis baggage.
ancona likes this.
drAGonfly47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
n00b

Originally Posted by drAGonfly47 View Post:
If you had not added coin grading worshipping, interest would go beyond the online thought which is frequent..."crazy"

Let us not delve into Canadian mint premium nightmares. The US mint should meet and stay within Constitutional law and guidelines.

Additionally, numismatic value is -0- ZERO when and if a currency adjustment occurs. History defines this extremely well.
Invest in what is NEEDED not what may be wanted.

Grading coins removes the base of investing, beginners. Exceptionally so, the youth. Not seeing beyond the occasional youth at LCS's and coin shows. All are older than me and I am not a spring chicken.

I sincerely enjoy Numis when I dig up a dime and it is worth $85. That immediately becomes 4 oz of .999 silver @ LCS. The potential of such .999 is far beyond .10c maintaing its collector/numis value in my lifetime.

I wish you well in gaining 1/20th oz Au and design updates. Ditch the numis baggage.
The US Mint submitting coins to NGC or PCGS would only apply to COLLECTOR coins that they sell for their catalog.

There would be NO CHANGE in the bullion coins other than the fact that there would be a new 1/20th oz AGE.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #6
Fly on the wall

Liked: 38 times
I really don't care about graded coins, but I would like to see some fractional gold buffaloes.
Chigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #7
Ground Beetle

Liked: 388 times
Petitions are generally WORTHLESS. The only thing that matters is how the public votes with their POCKETBOOK. Since the U.S. does not make a 1/20 oz Eagle, it could be that not enough people are voting with their pocketbook by spending money on Canadian 1/20 oz Gold Maple Leaves. I would think that if Canada was swamped with orders, the U.S. Mint would sit up and take notice, then compete with them. Since they are not, I suspect that there simply is not enough demand.

http://mmerlinn.com

GOLD is the money of KINGS.
SILVER is the money of GENTLEMEN.
BARTER is the money of PEASANTS.
DEBT is the money of SLAVES.
- Norm Franz
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #8
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
What the US Mint needs to do is follow their own mandate and stamp out as many one ounce AGE's and ASE's as the market demands, and they need to do so at a fair and just price. We do not need our government to get in to the business of supplying numismatic stuff because a small minority of collectors want them to. The cannot meet current demand as it is, so to add new tasks to a list of shit they already cannot complete would be insane.
mmerlinn and drAGonfly47 like this.