Stupid question about Venezuela gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Unobtanium

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
We all know that Chavez had some resistance trying to get Venezuela's gold from the World Banks from which he had purchased it.

Why wouldn't Chavez have bought from the Miners rather than the World Banks, thus avoiding this situation?

Was it a matter of "convenient storage" at the World Banks?

Or do the Miners only sell to a select group of customers?

Did Chavez buy the gold or did Venezuela already own it when he came into power? I don't recall hearing that Chavez bought the gold himself (or that Venezuela bought it during his rule).

I don't really know the answer to that, I might be wrong with that part of my statement.

The pertinent part was the question about why Venezuela (or any country for that matter) wouldn't want to buy from Miners rather than from World Banks.

Back
Top Bottom