They'll never learn

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Andrei, you've lost another submarine? /Red October

~~~

That's a lot of gold (ore).

Bwahahahaha!

If only these guys belonged to PMBug, they would know that PM's and boats don't..........oh well, never mind.

I never noticed this trend in missing gold and boating. I am so glad I joined. My eyes have been opened to the hazards of transporting your PMS

BTW:
The grade of the ore from which gold is to be recovered will determine how much of it must be processed to recover that ounce of gold. ...

Mines that are probably considered marginal yield something on the order of 4 to 6 grams of gold per ton of ore, and you can do some simple math from there (perhaps using 5 grams/ton) to discover an answer for the stated grade of ore.

There are just over 30 grams in a Troy ounce, and at 5 grams/ton, you're looking at 30 divided by 5 or 6 tons of ore to recover that (Troy) ounce of gold from ore with a grade of 5 grams/ton. ...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_tons_of_ore_contain_one_ounce_of_gold

700 / 6 = ~116 troy ounces

At current spot of ~$1712.5/ozt that is just under $200K (roughly and with assumptions about the grade).

Back
Top Bottom