Waiting for the mail man!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yes, absolutely. I will leave work and wait at the house then meet the mailman by the box.

New toys finally arrived!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Side note:
Silly website will only let me have 4 bananas in one message?

You'll use only 4 bananas and like it. :pffftt:

:silver: :gold: :beer:

Mail came!

Comparing a 1 ounce silver coin versus a 1 ounce gold coin versus a 1 ounce platinum coin is rather interesting. Hold any two in opposing hands and they feel like the same weight, yet one looks bigger (volume) than the other. Rather disconcerting, but maybe that is just me?

Yes, yes, density = volume / weight, but still interesting!

I rememeber how disappointed I was when I recieved four quarter ounce gold coins. They were tiny!

To this day, I stick with silver, largely because of cost per unit, but I believe some of it at least, has to do with percieved value/sizs issues. Yes I realize that qualifies me as a mental case.

Last edited:
First time I saw/held a 1/10 ounce Gold Eagle was the first time I mail ordered one from a special sale. When it arrived I was so disappointed at how tiny it was. I need a magnifying glass to see all the detail on the coin. It's more gratifying to hold a 5oz silver bar for roughly the same price.

First time I saw/held a 1/10 ounce Gold Eagle was the first time I mail ordered one from a special sale. When it arrived I was so disappointed at how tiny it was. I need a magnifying glass to see all the detail on the coin. It's more gratifying to hold a 5oz silver bar for roughly the same price.

I started with 1 ounce rounds in silver, so when I bought my first one ounce ounce of gold I was taken aback by the smaller volume. It was interesting this weekend to pick up my first one ounce of platinum to see it to be even smaller in volume than gold.

I agree that the 1/10th ounce gold pieces are far to small. I try to stick to 1/2 ounce or large gold/platinum.

Back
Top Bottom