Why I Can't BTFD

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

We now need money to buy a condo (we will move in a year or so), so the better half just banned me from taking advantage of the price plunge. Too bad, because NOW would be the time to buy... Even if the price may go to $900 (a number I see a lot). Price plunges never scared me, they were opportunities to buy more.

But, I do have enough, been a buyer for decades. And I will keep my word to my wife.

It's just the timing that's irksome. :rotflmbo:

I always keep a little bit of mad money hidden under a proverbial rock for emergencies, so I do have a few hundred bones for occasions like this, bur I have a feeling that the Brotherhood of Darkness isn't done with PM's just yet.

... so the better half just banned me from taking advantage of the price plunge. ...

vader_NOOOO.jpg

I'm in a similar situation. Sending 3/4 kids to summer away camp and 2/4 also to an in town day camp this month, along with the oldest needing senior pics, all coming right after needing $1,500 for a new fuel pump (cause it's one of those stupid inside the gas tank jobbies!) has left me pretty tapped. If it can stay this low, or even lower for 2-3 more weeks I should be able squeeze in a few purchases before I have to do all the back to school and sports spending.

... all coming right after needing $1,500 for a new fuel pump (cause it's one of those stupid inside the gas tank jobbies!)

$1500 to replace an in-tank fuel pump? Is your fuel pump made of SOLID GOLD???

A few months ago I had to replace the in-tank fuel pump in my vehicle. Total cost was about $50 for the pump and ONE HOUR labor for R&Ring the tank.

A few months ago I had to replace the in-tank fuel pump in my vehicle. Total cost was about $50 for the pump and ONE HOUR labor for R&Ring the tank.

I don't have the bill sitting in front of me, but the pump was around $100, new fuel tank was about 4 or 500, the labor was around 6 or 700 and the rest was tax & a few other small items. If it's something fairly simple, preferably not involving getting on the floor or creeper, I can still usually handle a lot of repairs myself. I just changed the power steering pump on my Jeep last fall and the alternator on it the year before that. I finally got my son fairly well versed on the oil changing so I don't have to get on the floor for that and kill my back and knees. But nice to see you got a sweet deal.

my wife wanted the bathroom remodeled (new shower, toilet, etc) and the contractor asked me if I could pay him in junk silver. Not wanting to dip into my own, I went shopping, and found how little there is out there. Found some finally, 1050. for 70 face. (this is locally). Friend just sent me an add for amagimetal, 136 for 10. face. Hmmmm.
https://www.amagimetals.com/silver/coins

that was also my experience.

OK I went and read the amagi thread and believe I'll be giving them a pass. Some very succinct comments!

Back
Top Bottom