my friends list is empty

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tomswifty

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
but that's ok.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Tom. I'm just starting out in acquiring precious metals as insurance against all those bad things that can happen to paper money. I want to be able to pay doctor bills for my children no matter what comes. I am trying to be as self reliant as I can these days. Anyhow, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to interacting.

TS

Awesome! Do you have an emergency food supply too? It also provides peace of mind during troubled times.

Welcome to the forum ts. :wave:

A sense of humor is always welcome around here. :)

Welcome Tom!

The short answer would be to hold at least 10-15% of your net worth in PM's.

Some of us are more in but from many years of purchasing.

Trading paper is very dangerous and coming from my experience I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Buying physical is the best because YOU choose when to take a loss/profit.

You also don't have to worry too much about paperwork. ;)

If this goes into which physical and how much of each well there are a few posts if you do a search here.

Good luck!

-Q

but that's ok.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Tom. I'm just starting out in acquiring precious metals as insurance against all those bad things that can happen to paper money. I want to be able to pay doctor bills for my children no matter what comes. I am trying to be as self reliant as I can these days. Anyhow, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to interacting.

TS

welcome to the forum! Get a book called "What to do when there is no help on the way", written by a doctor and nurse and approved by the AMA. It also tells you how to use fish antibiotics, (human pharmaceutical grade but legal to purchase without a doctors prescription). You don't need it until you need it.

If you tell everybody you are buying gold and silver you will soon have lots of "friends". :grin:

Welcome! I can give my opinion and recommendations on everything but prudent transportation and storage. Since I lost all my silver in a horrible boating accident [we did however save the beer!] I am the last person from whom to seek advice about those aspects of PM ownership. Either way, welcome aboard.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. Some good pointers have been posted here. I was just kidding about having and PM's at all. Just some base metals, lead & copper. Maybe some brass too.

TS

I'm still a little shook up from that last newbie I said howdy to. :shrug:

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I forgot to tell you about the fun websites I have to tell you about you will like be sure to visit.

thats a good hand full this week.

Stack and hold buddy. Buy what you can afford to forget you own- and stick them in a safe place. Do not watch the price on an hourly basis.

Welcome to Stacking!

Back
Top Bottom