Startup site I think you will all like.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

GoldBugJoe

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Well, I have been looking for a good forum that has some Hardcore and Genuine bugs and that really focuses on PM's and the PM industry. I feel like I found the right spot. Pun intended. Glad to be associated with you all.

Being a Hardcore and Genuine Bug myself I have a site I think you all may be interested in.

There are a lot of places out there on the web that display the gold price and the silver price and this and that and in no way do I wish to take away from the value and analysis they provide, but of all of these I have yet to find a site which purely focuses on the Precious Metal Ratio's themselves. And thats one thing we are all really interested in right? Is knowing just what the real value of The Precious Metals are worth based on their historical perspective. Because as we all know it is about impossible anymore to tell the true value of anything based in the ever depreciating dollar, and of course that is the whole point of those worthless things, to never be able to fully guage what anything is worth. Since Gold and Silver have the longest price history and credit worthiness of all time, without further ado I bring you the website

http//:MetalRatios.com

Now I will tell you right now that the site will still need some work and there will be room left for improvment. This a work in progress and it is my baby. It was built to help better serve the interests of the Precious Metal community. So if you like what you see or if you don't, I am all ears.

Now I know that trading one physical metal for another physical metal is not necessarly a good investment practice, and considering tax and commission implications we should be aware and informed about this, however this type of site should still allows us all to be able to better see when one asset becomes over or undervalued against another and allows us the ability to try make the more correct purchases or sales at the more appropriate time.

Hope you all like it and I will be looking forward to hearing what you all have to say. It's a small community of us PMBugs (for now anyway) and I am proud to be part of it.

Thanks for having me and let me know what you think,
GoldBugJoe.

Hi GBJ, welcome to pmbug. :wave:

hi Joe and welcome aboard

I'm always a bit cautious when someone arrives here and almost immediately promotes something. At least you are being totally upfront though.

I suspect the clue might be in your name but do you have any preference ?
I have been convinced by FOFOA to do what the Giants do.

Good luck with your site.

Hey rb

I hear what you're saying about being new. I will have to admit that I can be a bit shy when it comes to posting in forums but I like this one and I do look forward to being more part of the community and getting to know you all a bit better and provide value wherever I can. I'm am I am a lot more of a thinker and ponder about different ideas and possibilities. That's why I decided to create http://MetalRatios.com because I felt like it was something that the precious metal community could use, i could be wrong, but I look forward to the day, in the near future hopefully, to where there will be a lot more value added to that site than what's already there.

I love precious metals and I always like learning new things about gold and silver, copper, base metals and what have you, but what I like most about Precious Metals is that they are in many ways a simple thing. It is the total over excessiveness of "greed" by the big financial institutions and the lack of "education" by the general public that complicates them so much today. Honestly there is so much knowledge in this forum about gold and silver more than I could ever learn in the good part of a lifetime. i guess you could say the knowledge here is worth its wait in Gold. granted knowledge doesn't actually weigh that much.:nugget::nugget: but if it did well you know. But I need some good knowledge to go along with the site and will be looking for feedback and people who want to be real contributors. I saw the thread about making suggestions for PMBug Forum and will be sure to go thru the forum more and contribute more myself. Well now I think I've rambled on for long enough now at this point.

Thanks for listening and I will "see" you in the forum.

GoldBugJoe

Last edited:
hey Joe

we like people who think about things and try to figure it all out

We all seem to be pretty tolerant of differing views and can even cope with quite divergent philosophical ideas.

Obviously you will need a bunker and a boat to really fit in :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom