Best online to get fractional oz AGE?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You can get a single 1/10 AGE for spot + $10 S&H here (but it's limited to just one coin):

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f8/ase-0-1-age-spot-$10-10/

Goldmart.com usually leads the pack in low prices without large minimum and they are asking $20 over spot, but they are sold out. If you found them somewhere at the same price, I would think you will be hard pressed to find a better deal.

PMBug,
I have some trepidation over some of these very small fractionals because unless you have an XRF, or are able to scratch them deep enough to do the red fuming nitric acid thing, you can't really be sure of purity. I could see buying Pamp Suisse or some other extremely well respected fracionals, simply because of the tamper resistant packaging, but from smaller mints, I would be afraid.

For that matter, I am paranoid about much of the generic silver stuff out there.

The AGE is legal tender from the US Mint. The Treasury Dept. and Secret Service would be on counterfeits like stink on shit. You should be fine ordering from an established dealer.

Thanks PMBug. I already ordered the special offer one. I'm going to get my fiancee to get me another one though. :)

The price I quoted was unfortunately goldmart. :(

At least I figured out a way to get stack one more coin.

Regarding the counterfeiting, yes I too am pretty wary, especially being a novice in these matters. Hence my decision to buy only AGE and silver AE. The higher premiums mean nothing to me compared to soundness of mind.

PMBug,

For that matter, I am paranoid about much of the generic silver stuff out there.

are you aware of generic silver in 1oz rounds/bars being counterfeited, other than the usual 1000mills silver bar? are the "merry christmas 1983" type of rounds and bars safe? i have heard of gold being faked but never 1oz silver unless it was from china off ebay, and some 100 oz englehardt bars....good subject, sorry to hijack thread.:clap:

Only silver I've heard about being counterfeited are Chinese Pandas and Morgan / Peace dollars - almost always from ebay.

I like the little fractionals even at the high premiums. I even carry five or so with me on any long (more than a couple of nights) trip. I have given them away to a handful of nieces and nephews (but, sigh, no consciousness was raised...).

The 1/10th oz I have bought were all from coin shops.

Last edited by a moderator:
DCRB,

I am one of the 'suckers' who bought 1/4 oz. silver fractionals along with 1/2 ouncers when they first came out. I only bought a hundred of each, but I felt compelled to when someone asked me how the hell someone would "make change" for an ounce of silver when it gets to three hindred an ounce, and you only want to spend a hundred fifty.

Do you have any small silver?

ancona, here's what I hold:

-- $$$ value wise, AGEs, 1 oz. Some 80%.
-- Platinum Eagles, a few other Pt coins
-- a couple of Kangaroos (when there no Eagles, I bought them)
-- a few 1/10 oz Gold Eagles
-- Silver Eagles (1 oz only)

Most of my holdings in gold are fractionals, I have mainly gone to my local coins shop for gold. But $20 over spot isn't too bad if it is shipped to your door.

I am one of the 'suckers' who bought 1/4 oz. silver fractionals along with 1/2 ouncers when they first came out. I only bought a hundred of each, but I felt compelled to when someone asked me how the hell someone would "make change" for an ounce of silver when it gets to three hindred an ounce, and you only want to spend a hundred fifty.

Do you have any small silver?

I have some fractional silver rounds and bars in my holdings. I like them for not only because you have more control over how much you get rid of at a time when time comes to sell (especially if prices go into the tripe digits), but if SHTF they could be used as a common means of barter. Some people prefer 90% for this objective but I prefer .999 , even though I do have some 90%. LOL I even have some 35% war nickles, that contain 2 grams of silver each. I used to be a dealer of the one gram bars you see on eBay (I have an in at the Delmarva Mint who are big into those), so I was getting them very cheap. I will admit I stored a few ounces of those for myself too. Don't get me wrong the great majority of what I hold is 1 oz and above, but I do feel every stacker should have some.

Back
Top Bottom