peak gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well I watched it, and thanks for posting (I think) because it was interesting right up to the part where they wouldn't say WHAT ARE THE 3 BIGGEST MISTAKES GOLD INVESTORS ARE MAKING RIGHT NOW? and why wouldn't they just come out and say it? Because it is a sales pitch. Things like that at the end of a video really irritate me. :mad:

Well I watched it, and thanks for posting (I think) because it was interesting right up to the part where they wouldn't say WHAT ARE THE 3 BIGGEST MISTAKES GOLD INVESTORS ARE MAKING RIGHT NOW? and why wouldn't they just come out and say it? Because it is a sales pitch. Things like that at the end of a video really irritate me. :mad:

yeah, it was a sales piece. I still thought it was interesting, FWIW. :)

yeah, it was a sales piece. I still thought it was interesting, FWIW. :)

It was interesting and rather than listen to the rest of the pitch I've decided to try to answer the question myself. So here are the 3 biggest mistakes I think gold investors are making:

MISTAKE # 1 If you invest in gold don't tell anybody. If you must say something tell people you are a big fan of paper currency and have a large collection of Confederate dollars. This is for your own safety.

MISTAKE #2. Don't invest in gold by putting it on your credit card. This is not a good idea unless the world is going to end in less than 30 days.

MISTAKE #3. Don't try to guess the future price of gold. It is much easier to guess the past price of gold.

:rotflmbo:

... So here are the 3 biggest mistakes I think gold investors are making:

Not sure where it ranks in the list, but the following should be there IMO:

Buying numismatics when you wanted bullion - Caveat emptor in the world of collectables.

*Note: The video in the O/P still works.

Peak Gold—Evidence And Implications​

Dec 13, 2023

From ancient Egypt to the modern day, gold has been mined for its timeless beauty, inherent value and physical properties. It has underpinned economies for millennia. The discovery of landmark gold deposits during the 19th century inspired several "gold rushes" around the world. In the history of gold mining, an estimated two-thirds of all gold mined was found since the 1950s.

Until recently, there has been an increase in gold reserves of about 1.8% a year for the last 100 years. There is a growing belief that we have reached "peak gold," which raises questions about what impact that will have on investment and industry.

Read the rest:

Back
Top Bottom