Review of a great new book on Gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

This weekend I just finished a wonderful new book (by Matthew Hart, 2013) on gold. He covers a lot of ground, including many, many facts that I knew little about. Visited gold mines in several countries (including a chapter on Nevada's BIG Carlin Trend gold district), gives excellent short histories and mining techniques.

Highly recommended, a "must have" for those interested in gold.

"Review of Gold: The Race for the World's Most Seductive Metal"

http://tinyurl.com/mmr6dpp

Yeah, this was that 'Book of the week' that we got in installments on BBC radio 4 that I referenced a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly the links didnt work for some and the opportunity to listen to the 5 podcasts has now ended.

Yeah it's very knowledgeable book I especially value his discussions of the geology of gold deposits. Must-have read once to anyone who wants to know more about gold.

Back
Top Bottom