Seeking gold bug for Discovery Channel documentary

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

discoverydoc

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hello,
I am producing a documentary special for Discovery Channel about how money is issued, produced, moved, and protected. We've filmed at BEP, Secret Service, US Mint, and the Federal Reserve.

We are also focusing on gold (as one cannot talk about money without doing so) and I am looking for someone in the New York City area who owns physical gold and will talk on camera about why and show me your holdings (whether at your home, a vault, etc.).

Please email me at esashin@partisanpictures.com if interested or if you have suggestions for me. I can provide you with a synopsis of the film and information on our award-winning production company.

Many thanks,
Erica

Hey Erica,
please make sure you have an interview with Ron Paul or use some excerpts from his numerous youtube clips.
I'd suggest you also try to talk to James "Jim" Grant who lives in the NY area and is the publisher of the brilliant "Grant's interest rate observer": http://www.grantspub.com/about/index.cfm

I can't help you out with an "ordinary" pmbug from NY however.

yeah righto

lookee everyone, i keep my coins hidden here in my sock draw
and i only own PM's. because im a total looser :rotflmbo:

Perhaps Gerald Celente could be persuaded to talk about the gold he thought he owned .............
now that would be a useful demonstration of how 'money' works

those bees were pretty tolerant of the intruder until the moment he bit one of em, then the response was instant. There was no discussion or committee to convene.

They all knew the hornet was there, because you could see when the sentry bee backed away into the hive and beat his wings at a high frequency to broadcast the info ......

Fucking awesome !

Another fascinating demonstration of communication within a group, apparently without any reaction time. Like fish swarms and bird murmerings.

This level of communication is amost lost in higher order humans but still echoes in occasional behavioural patterns generally shrugged off as co-incidence or synchroncity.

ok off topic ............ im just getting my coat (-;

@ discoverydoc

You likely have (or will) notice that I sent out your request to some 100 people I have on two email lists. Good luck finding the right person there for your documentary.

Well, awesome IS the word there.

This isn't entirely lost on humans. The most fun I've ever had was working on some tight, but diverse, team where we would do things in concert with no more obvious communication or delay than this. Not common, but it happens, and it's very cool when it does.

Computer scientists have been taking lessons from the insect world for awhile now, some pretty cool routing schemes have come from the study of ants and scent trails, that really simplified the computing load to do the job, once someone realized ants can do it without all the complexity - it was like an "existence-proof" that something a lot simpler was possible and workable.

Gotta say, glad we're not insects. They invented all sorts of things - chemical warfare, spying and deception, merciless killing, and other stuff we're better off without. We we working at that scale, they'd be pretty darned scary. Roast a guy to death, wow.

@ discoverydoc

Before you finish compiling any 'goldbug' related material, I'd recommend scanning through some previous topics and posts here, to get a feel for the little bunch you may be representing. There is a lot of nonsense out there about us bugs, only some of which is true ;)

Not that I'd try to paint a specific picture - but 15 minutes of reading will probably help form a view more useful and interesting than anything you might have arrived with...

Personally, this group of bugs is far more sensible and rational than the general run of bugs out there, or that's what I find.

I've said things here that got reasonable responses here - that in other places attract a hundred viscous flames and ad hominem attacks instantly. There are some "true believers" out there who make right wing radical evangelicals look like beginners at living in some alternate reality and tolerant by comparison.

Personally I dont know why anyone would ever volunteer to do an interview. Look what happened to Peter Schiff's brother. He had a long telephone interview with a Yahoo reporter about cost of living etc. Then she cuts and pastes some of his comments and makes it sound like he was complaining about his salary etc. knowing exactly what the response will be after she types it up to make it sound like what she wants.

Hi Erica,

Please do follow up and let us know when your production will be available.

Back
Top Bottom