tungsten filled gold coins

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
... a firm called ChinaTungsten Online which proudly markets its broad "tungsten-alloy services" including, you guessed it, the gold plating of various tungsten formulations among them "gold" bricks, bars and, yes, coins. ...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-09-24/get-your-fake-tungsten-filled-gold-coins-here

Tungsten is the only lower value metal that has a specific density close enough to gold to fabricate passable counterfeit pieces of the same size and weight as genuine Pictures of tungsten fake gold coins and ingots. Over the years, there have been a few isolated reports of smaller tungsten fake gold coin found to have been drilled to remove some of the gold which was replaced with tungsten. However, tungsten fake gold coin is far more profitable to fabricate larger original bars of tungsten that are then scanning gold.

Because the existence of counterfeit tungsten fake gold coin could have such a huge impact on the financial markets, there is a huge potential for deception and misinformation to be passed around. Be very careful about automatically believing any story you may hear. For your own protection, tungsten fake gold coin would be better to take physical possession of the smaller sizes of tungsten fake gold coins and now, and know that what you own genuine solid tungsten fake gold coin.

Notice: Chinatungsten Online (Xiamen) Manu.& Sales Corp. is a very professional and serious company, specializing in manufacturing and selling tungsten fake gold coin and other tungsten related products for more than two decades. We are a professional tungsten fake gold coin manufacturer.Our tungsten gold fake coin is only for souvenir and decoration purpose. Here we declare: Please do not use our tungsten fake gold coin and other fake gold coin products for any illegal purpose. We can provide all kinds of tungsten fake gold coin as your requirements.Our tungsten fake gold coin products are qualified.

http://www.tungsten-alloy.com/tungsten-alloy-scan-gold-coin.html

:paperbag:

I don't like these fake coins, but I like fake money even less. I'm starting to see these articles more often, so gold must be kicking tail.

I wonder if it is harder* to fake allow coins such as Krugerrands and AGEs versus .9999 pure coins/rounds.

* by harder, I mean to end up with a coin/round that has nearly the same specs and therefore hard to detect.

It would be interesting to see how these fakes measure up on a Fisch tester.

Yo, PMBug, one thing I have been trying to follow is this whole counterfeiting story (while on vacation).

I saw at ZH that very smart replier "seek" wrote that the gadget to get would be an Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge. I gather that measures the speeds of sound through different metals, and just about any tungsten in the coin or bar would show a faster speed than gold. "seek" wrote that these devices can be gotten for $160 and up.

I want to look into this more upon my return.

DCFusor or others who know materials well might want to comment...

On the other hand, I would not mind buying one or two of those tungsten blanks to check them out. How they "ring" when they hit the sidewalk (or granite, etc.) , what they sound like when struck by a spoon, etc.

Anyone who buys any 1 oz tungsten coin blanks, please let us know what they are like. If I get one or more, I will let you guys know.

Back
Top Bottom