Understanding Why The Gold Price Is Falling

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jprich16

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
For those interested in why gold is falling and most likely will continue to fall in the near future watch this;

Well JP..you are going to make a lot of friends here.

I know I know...don't kill the messenger. ;)

-Q

I don’t buy into Ben Bernanke’s magic tricks…. How can devaluating your currency elevate the economy out of a recession aftermath??? Hints on tapering of qualitative easing measures has set gold and silver price on a further decline. I guess with gold edging even lower than the April’s dramatic low, government mint bullion coins will be on a massive demand.

another arrogant feel good bimbo (my apologies to arrogant feel good bimbos) who has absolutely nothing to be arrogant about.

as ive exceeded the 'fair use' allowance on a friends dongle, I am currently unable to view the video in the o.p.

A couple of thoughts on p.o.g. though -

We are told that the commercial banks have now offloaded their short paper gold bets onto the hedge funds and can expect to see prices rising in future.
Yet the hedgies aren't stupid and they have been shown how easy it is to move the gold markets down with a bit of timely dumping.
And it may be that they feel even less constrained than the likes of JP Morgan in such behaviour.

In which case, do we see a reversal of the battle lines ?
and just what happens when the p.o.g. is pushed down so far that its impossible for the fed and other C.B's to feed out enough physical metal to try and keep the lid on physical demand ?
It seems like the way they have conveniently fixed the p.o.g. every day could now work against them and a new way will need to be created to reflect metal demand.

I take the view (based on FOFOA's thinking) that we have to see the paper 'price' go to zero and for gold to 'go into hiding' ie. no one will sell and that this is now happening.

Interesting, yet worrying times eh

It has been quite the past two months.

Things do seem to have speeded up! I will be glad to be back at Fort DCRB very soon. Gun(s) at hand while there, fiat$ at hand when I go to the LCS. Hope they still have some Au, I suspect they will have plenty. Until they don't.

Back
Top Bottom