I like silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Unbeatable

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
I used to see it as industrial and not really monetary and I believed my idea was validated by the fact that after the credit crisis silver dropped 30% on decreased industrial demand in 2008.

But I now realize that it's only because silver coin & investment demand took a while to catch up. It went from 95 million ounces in 2006, 57 million ounces in 2007 up to 284 million ounces in 2010/11. That's a 300-500% increase!

http://www.silverinstitute.org/site/supply-demand/

Given silvers relatively cheap price, the Wests relatively high purchasing power and the already demonstrated increase in investment demand (75-280 million) during fiat uncertain times. It's easy to see that another economic hurdle - not even a disaster or a public rush to hard assets will take demand over the annual mine production of silver & the G8 countries don't have any stockpiles to feed/lease to keep prices down when physical demand increases.

:silver::silver::silver:

I keep all of my silver in my boat. ;)

Is that getting old yet? Hmmmm... Nope.

ADK

word to the wise... if you decide to store your pms on a boat, make sure the vessel can handle the added weight. My grandfather neglected to do this, and lost my inheritance. I think he said the boats name was the Titanic. :)

Back
Top Bottom