JPM and silver (hearsay and speculation)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Murphy’s source also states that JP Morgan’s CIO derivatives losses are actually tied to the Bear Stearns short silver positions JPM inherited from the Fed in 2008, and that the LIBOR scandal will soon engulf JP Morgan in a SILVER MANIPULATION scandal- likely when the CFTC releases their findings on their silver manipulation in the next 30-60 days!
The bottom line here: my well informed source tells me that the Jamie Dimon lament is about a derivatives problem that also involves the silver position JPM took over for the Fed when Bear Stearns went belly up. I hope to have more particulars on this declaration in the near future. The main point is that JPM has some serious issues with their present short silver position and is having difficulty extricating itself from that position. Whether it has to do with coming up with a large amount of borrowed physical silver, I am not sure. We will stay on the case and report on any new developments.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/bill-murphy-jpm-stopped-manipulating-silver-from-january-june-of-2011/

It is widely speculated that JPM essentially stole the 1.4MM ozt of physical silver that was due to MF Global clients. I wouldn't be surprised to discover JPM managed to abscond with whatever physical silver was due to PFBest's clients too.

Seems like a bit of smoke hanging in the air.

Bill Murphy's London Source: "Big Gold & Silver Moves Coming in August"

Off topic:
It is creepy the number of times I read an article elsewhere, flip back to this website and see PMbug just posted a thread about the same article. :flail:

Back on topic:
While some seem to think this will sink JPMorgan and cause prices to jump in the fall, I would not be suprised if JPM gets out of this with a fine.

...I wouldn't be to surprised, if we witness another attack(s) on silver instead, why the hell not - if "your shorts are not in order", well, you double down on them - sounds familiar in JPM's case, no?

EDIT: time to play volatility in silver using that "saddle" technique in options, that Swissaustrian have described?? It seems that either they win, and silver goes significantly down, or they loose, and silver goes significantly up.
http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f3/how-trade-silver-volatility-using-options-343/

Last edited:
...I wouldn't be to surprised, if we witness another attack(s) on silver instead, why the hell not - if "your shorts are not in order", well, you double down on them - sounds familiar in JPM's case, no?

EDIT: time to play volatility in silver using that "saddle" technique in options, that Swissaustrian have described?? It seems that either they win, and silver goes significantly down, or they loose, and silver goes significantly up.
http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f3/how-trade-silver-volatility-using-options-343/

Options price increases as the underlying asset's volitility increases, but it would be interesting to look into. I know people that bet against silver on fridays due to their belief that silver tends to drop most Fridays.

Back
Top Bottom