Just Purchased

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mark

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Just purchased another 1 oz bar. Bought it from Silvertowne per suggestion on my "Just An Observation" post. Paid with Credit card. No S&H. $29.90. Pretty good I think. Around 9% over spot. Not bad, but still, that means no cigar or "Slim Jims" for a while.

Just purchased another 1 oz bar. Bought it from Silvertowne per suggestion on my "Just An Observation" post. Paid with Credit card. No S&H. $29.90. Pretty good I think. Around 9% over spot. Not bad, but still, that means no cigar or "Slim Jims" for a while.

Congrats! I am impatiently awaiting the mailman to bring me my latest purchase.

:flail:

Love those 1oz silver purchases when they arrive in the mail. :)

I recently shipped twenty pounds of fresh, slightly under-ripe [to allow five days to get there] Florida Mangoes to a friend in exchange for........wait for it.........thirty roosevelts!

I recently shipped twenty pounds of fresh, slightly under-ripe [to allow five days to get there] Florida Mangoes to a friend in exchange for........wait for it.........thirty roosevelts!

good move Ancona. probably whats been giving you that ongoing stomach upset

After TSHTF you will be trading em for thirty rolls of velvet TP :rotflmbo:

Actually, I discovered that it was something my Daughter caught in Belgium, which was still contagious when she arrived home. I got it, it dwelled for a while, then kicked my ever 'lovin ass.

OTOH, I am patiently waiting for my shinies!

Last edited:
Just picked up 5 oz from APMEX. They were running a special on Sunshine 1 oz rounds.

Isn't rule #1 about amassing bullion is to tell nobody you are doing that?

I learned this lesson the hard way. The last time I told anyone, I felt so paranoid about others knowing I took it with me fishing, and, well ... the wind came up quickly out of nowhere, my canoe was a bit tippy, and it was a VERY deep lake.

So, having learned my lesson, the next time I decide to buy any PM's, it's going to be just between me and God. (well, I might tell my wife ... maybe)

Last edited:
looks like it would be really stable if you had to haul something heavy, like, oh, silver or something.....

Isn't rule #1 about amassing bullion is to tell nobody you are doing that?

Touche. But I'm probably more worried about the gub'ment coming to take my silver than a burgular. That's my main reason for not wanting to use APMEX's depository service. Oh yea, put all your PM's all in one place so the gub'ment can seize it all at once.

If the government really wants to confiscate PMs from its citizens, the first place they'll go to get a list will be sites like this.

...but we do not exactly STORE our PMs on the "sites like this", so good luck gubbermint in coming after my metals using this site :). Not worth the effort. Quite different, than driving two trucks full of DHS troopers in front of Apmex safe, and telling the manager on duty, to hand over the keys, kindly, before we accuse you of supporting the terrorists, lock you for ever and throw away the key (because guarding the private property, that you have been tasked with guarding, from unlawful seizure, is a clear trait of a terrorist, of course).

In fact, almost all of us here, have lost their precious metals in some really unfortunate (one could even risk saying; stupid) accidents, as you can read here. It seems to coincide that backward-thinking, barbaric, stupid people like us, PM worshipers, are prone to some really stupid accidents. Which only makes sense, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom