Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Silver Bug

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ancona

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Kookaburras

I just sold a set of Kooks' for three times spot. A guy I know collects various sovereign silver and gold coins and he found out I had a bunch of Kooks. He called me out of the blue and asked if I would sell him some dates he was missing and I agreed. Now, I have enough cabbage to triple what I sold him.

I never did understand paying more for something than what it can be had for with a little patience and looking around, but......cest la vie!
Jay likes this.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
one of my buddies is unloading his silver for bit coins.

I dont get it.

There is no talking him out of it tho.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
one of my buddies is unloading his silver for bit coins.

I dont get it.

There is no talking him out of it tho.
the local coin shop guy raked me over the coals about BTC today. He said its the only way he could transfer a billion dollars in his head to another country and lose nothing. He asked me what other instrument could you do that with? I don't have an answer for him, other than to tell him that there is no electricity in some of the places we frequent.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I just sold a set of Kooks' for three times spot. A guy I know collects various sovereign silver and gold coins and he found out I had a bunch of Kooks. He called me out of the blue and asked if I would sell him some dates he was missing and I agreed. Now, I have enough cabbage to triple what I sold him.

I never did understand paying more for something than what it can be had for with a little patience and looking around, but......cest la vie!
I have a five ounce Onza I picked up awhile back for 140 dollars. (I think someone on this site actually told me what it was). The box mildewed somehow. It retails for like 260. Wonder if it still has value without the box? Guess its still silver!
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote