Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Silver Bug

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ancona
  • 1 Post By 11C1P
  • 1 Post By PMBug

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
My LCS got some Eagles in

My guy got hold of several monster boxes of Eagles, and along with that a fat supply of average circulated junk and some numi's. Lately, he's been selling a good bit of Mountain House freeze dried stuff and some cans of Nitro-Pak survival seeds he says, but he's been buried under orders for Eagles and gold and gold fractionals. He has a guy who is bugging the shit out of him for those gold bars that break up like little Hershey bars in to gram segments, so he got ten, one-ounce segment bars for him. I think they're a rip off myself, but this guy is foaming at the mouth to get some, and he refuses to do a sale on-line, so my boy gets to peel off a vig on some already pricey bars. Those things are already the most expensive non-numismatic bars you can buy, and his vig is a percentage, so do the math. I'll stick with Eagles and generics thank you very much.

Either way, my boy is happy just to have a supply again, and I'm happy to have a reason to drag up at 5:00 with a sixer of Heineken and three hundred bucks to pick through the old junk pile.
PMBug likes this.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
Ground Beetle

Liked: 498 times
I placed a couple online orders a few weeks ago and haven't been into the LCS, between all the street construction, "bomb threats" , out of state drivers and the wifes leg in a cast I just haven't even felt like attempting it. I did find a 1964 dime again in my change though yesterday, or the day before, so that always makes me happy!
ancona likes this.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #3
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2433 times
Are premiums going up at your LCS?
ancona likes this.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Premiums have been up for a while, but he tries his best to give me a break. Depending on how much I get, he will either sell to me at cost, or split his vig. When I can buy at bulk, which is five hundred clams or more, he'll split it with me, if I come in to buy a single ounce, just to buy something to remind myself that I need to buy something irrespective of conditions, he won't even charge the vig, just the premium.