question

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
a friend came over yesterday looking for 5k worth of silver bullion for a friend of his, He wanted to know which form of silver would be best to stave off the tax man; after his friend dies would it be harder for the .gov to take ASE as opposed to junk? I really couldn't help him as I haven't had any silver since the tragic boating accident....

If a person were going to report their physical to the government would it matter?

a friend came over yesterday looking for 5k worth of silver bullion for a friend of his, He wanted to know which form of silver would be best to stave off the tax man; after his friend dies would it be harder for the .gov to take ASE as opposed to junk? I really couldn't help him as I haven't had any silver since the tragic boating accident....

If a person were going to report their physical to the government would it matter?

Buy it with cash and keep quiet. Problem solved.

JS, thats what I've always done. This was someone else query. (A cornucopian, I suppose).

I'm not sure govco cares what form it's in. Bullion is bullion - an asset is an asset as far as an estate is concerned. I think the only real issue is if the bullion is being bought/held in as part of an IRA or not. In that case, only some forms of bullion are eligible for IRAs, but they have to be acquired as part of an IRA program.

For purposes of avoiding imperial entanglements with your silver, I would suspect 90% to be the closest thing to bulletproof.

JS, thats what I've always done. This was someone else query. (A cornucopian, I suppose).

My comment was for the 'someone else'. I would advise them to do the same as you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom