Secret Service demands ebay remove all Norfed Liberty dollars as counterfeits

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey R., I've got some Republic of Texas silver dollars I'll trade you!

I liked the liberty dollar design... damn. I would have liked to get one of those eventually, even if just for a curiosity piece.

ADK

I posed this info on facebook- and got 2 replies- both pretty angry.

since they are ?illegal? the price could go up- who knows

Millions of dollars' worth of silver, gold, platinum and copper Liberty Dollar medallions and related property seized by federal authorities in 2007 will be returned to their owners, according to court documents.

The return of that property, however, is being delayed until all petitions filed seeking return of the property have been completely processed and any appeals finalized.

In documents filed Aug. 14 in U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina in Statesville by Acting U.S. Attorney Jill Westemoreland Rose, 265 of the 302 petitions filed for the return of property were approved.

The court documents indicate the government is willing to settle 27 petitions in part. Seven petitions have been denied, four are in question and one petition is to be refiled.

The approved petitions also include paid-for but unfulfilled orders for Liberty Dollars.

Despite the 2011 conviction of Liberty Dollar creator Bernard von NotHaus on charges related to the manufacture and distribution of Liberty Dollars, U.S. District Court Judge Richard L. Voorhees ruled in late 2014 that seized property not deemed as contraband should be returned pursuant to ownership claims.

Meanwhile, since the seizure, prices for many Liberty Dollar issues, especially those with limited mintages, continue to rise in the secondary market.

http://www.coinworld.com/news/preci...-to-return-millions-in-liberty-dollars-.html#

It's about time. Just because the government wants to persecute VonNothaus, doesn't mean that the people who bought products from him did anything wrong. Having to wait all this time is by itself a friggin travesty.

Hey, it's only been 8 years. What's the hurry?

Back
Top Bottom