Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Silver Bug

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EASJ369

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Fly on the wall

Liked: 31 times
Silver Pandas?

Would you buy a Silver Panda? I think they're nice looking coins, but considering the propensity of the Chinese for counterfeiting everything from toothpaste to brake linings, I'd tend to steer clear of Chinese PMs. Anyone else want to chime in on this?
Cybrsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 134 times
Aside from the counterfeit problem,the premiums are usually high.I hate premiums!

GOD BLESS & BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Pandas are cool looking, but the premiums are ridiculous so I don't have any. I did get a bunch of kookaburras a long time ago for 16 bucks each, and they were all limited run coins with the privy marks.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Fly on the wall

Liked: 31 times
That was a good buy

Kookaburras are kinda pricey also. They're probably worth three times what you paid for them.
Cybrsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
I have some pandas, 2004s or 2005s, I forget. I can't look at them NOW because they were lost in a terrible boating accident () but I think I gave about thirty dollars each for them then. Oh I wish I had some money to stack some more. Went to the gun show yesterday and saw a 30-30 I want soooo bad but I'd have to sell some silver to get it, just not willing to do that....
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
n00b

Liked: 2 times
i used to buy them because my dealer just considered them 1 oz of silver with the regular dollar or two over spot premium. but their fakes have become very good. the first counterfeit pandas i saw several years ago weighed about 4 grams less then an oz and you could see they just werent real. i bought 2 about six months ago that were double sealed that ended up being counterfeit. and they are beautiful. everything on them was perfect, including the weight, but they werent made out of silver, i think they were made out of nickel. i saw this thread and made an account to put in my two cents
PMBug and rblong2us like this.
EASJ369 is offline   Reply With Quote