Silver Storage (funny)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
This is a non-serious thread of funny, wacky, creative, and odd places to store/hide ye silver treasure!!

Let me get the ball rolling...

1) Paint 100 ounce bars black and use them as bed risers

2) Melt the silver down and cast into nuts and bolts. Leave them in a jar in the garage

3) Take a canning jar, quarter fill with beans, put in some silver, fill the rest of the jar with more beans, seal the jar, place in pantry.

-Design elaborate canine collar jewelry.
-Just before full moon phase, cast into bullets as a hedge against werewolves.
-Use 100 ouncers as beer coasters.

use instead of broken pottery in the bottom of your flowerpots for drainage. Or, as we did, hide in so many places that you can't remember where it is anymore and they will never find it all. :)

sometimes I think its going to be a riot when our kids have to go through our stuff after we're gone.... ammo...silver...food...matches...etc. etc etc.

Convert it to the old silver plating solution - silver cyanide. If the wrong hands get it, they die - if they even know to get it, after all, a liquid in a bottle doesn't look like a stack. But it's easy as pie to recover the silver again safely.

ive just bought some o these -

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carnation-Footcare-Silver-Socks-Size/dp/B006PDDKBC/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1344988170&sr=1-1"]Carnation Footcare Silver Socks Size UK 6 - 11 (Anti-Odour & Thermal Conductive): Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31q44SGNViL.@@AMEPARAM@@31q44SGNViL[/ame]

nobodys gonna steal em

Another idea

Have it cast into sinkers and store it in a phony tackle box.

Mix silver ones in the chocolate-in-a-foil-coins jar. I did this for fun once, and they blend quite nicely.

cast it into a 2'x5'x1/4" plate, give it high polish on one side, put it behind Ikea-like mirror frame & piece of glass, and hang it on the wall (although, better use heavy duty wall plugs for that one - if I am not mistaken, it would be about 136 pounds worth of silver :rotflmbo: ). Actually, changing the thickness of the plate and the dimensions of the "mirror" to your needs, this could be seriously considered quite a good "hiding in a plain sight" way of storing silver. Indistinguishable from a real mirror, other than by weight (which, beware - thieves might try to look behind it, looking for a hidden safe, so plan accordingly :))

Cast it into reinforcement bars, and pour some concrete on it :) (Call ancona's company to help with demolition later, when required - but beware, do not enter into any contract regarding "reclaimed demolition stuff" with them, they seem to be quite clever mofos in this regard! :rotflmbo:)

And more seriously - there's plenty of nooks and crannies in your average house, that could be used to stash stuff in. But BEWARE, thieves are well aware of many of them.
If you do know any friends with troubled childhood, try to engage casually in a friendly talk about the most impossible places, that thieves were looking in when plundering. This was quite revealing to me, and I was able to eliminate few hiding spots that I was considering myself, as being an easy target, actually.

Last edited:
my wife has all the usual burglar friendly hiding places, under the mattress, in the freezer, in the sock drawer, under the drawer, blah blah blah (she also thinks locks keep burglars out though). A lock on a glass door. :)

time is of the essence, so make your hiding places time consuming to find.

From a burglar perspective, you would pretty much have to back a truck up to our door and load up (they do this actually).

I'm not so worried about burglary as fire. I think that will be a BIG threat for the haves from the have nots.

Double zip-lock bag them and sink into partially used gallon(s) of paint in basement/garage.

Do the same with a 5 gallon barrel of sheetrock mud and leave the lid off for a couple weeks. Rock solid.

Attach an empty pipe to the sewer/septic line and fill with PM's.

Bottom of the chimney under the black soot.

In a 5 d-cell maglite flashlight.

Your mailbox post needs replacement as well. Nothing like a 6' x 6" id pipe to mount your mailbox.

Lastly, there are stair entry plastic underground storage containers for sale. Designed for water, food, or real money etc. Just store anything metal more than 36" below surface in the container.
I would hidden hinge back steps and place entry under crushed rock which wraps house anyway.

The list goes on. I need more silver and gold.

Better yet Bushi

Cast it into a plate. Paint it white, and then have a photo of Elvis Presley air-brushed onto it. No one will bother that. If you have enough silver you could make plates with the entire Star Trek crew. Talk about secure!

Last edited:
Instead of a piggy bank, you could have a "piggy wall"...

Back in my apartment-dweller days, I lived in this place that had a medicine cabinet in the bathroom. The cabinet had a little slot in the back for razor blades. Push in a blade and down into the wall cavity it went...

A good place to stack that junk silver. I guess. Until a wall blows out on the first floor... :)

Instead of a piggy bank, you could have a "piggy wall"...

Back in my apartment-dweller days, I lived in this place that had a medicine cabinet in the bathroom. The cabinet had a little slot in the back for razor blades. Push in a blade and down into the wall cavity it went...

A good place to stack that junk silver. I guess. Until a wall blows out on the first floor... :)
Neat idea, but did you ever have to get a razor blade out?
Hiding gold / silver is one thing. Retrieving it is another.

Neat idea, but did you ever have to get a razor blade out?
Hiding gold / silver is one thing. Retrieving it is another.

really no problem. Just show up at the downstairs apartment with a wrecking bar and a fruitcake..welcome to the complex...:)

really no problem. Just show up at the downstairs apartment with a wrecking bar and a fruitcake..welcome to the complex...:)

Interesting complex. What kind of fruitcake? The kind you eat at Christmas or the kind that carries your wrecking bar to retrieve your stuff?:grin:

This is my best one yet

Have it cast into the shape of wheel covers for a 1985 Dodge Aries station-wagon. Then just park it in your driveway. Nobody in their right mind would steal a Dodge K-car.

chemically combine it with a load of rocky stuff and bury it 3000 ft deep ?

or grind it up fine and put it in the fruitcake (-:

Or, you could put it into a Precious Metals IRA w/ a Trust Company...?

(now, that's funny!)

;)

ADK

Back
Top Bottom