Bob Diamond grilling

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Ok, I think I just broke my own personal record for watching live streaming on my computer. I just finished watching the first half of what is probably going to be another half-day of testimony to the financial committee in Parliament today. Bob Diamond is an incredibly intelligent and deft orator to be sure, but his cleverness cannot hide the fact that he is a liar.:judge:

I watched and listened for the whole two and a half hours or so, and this guy was sweating balls over this mess. He took absolutely zero personal responsibility for the scandal; none.:noevil:

He repeatedly said he thought what the "rogue traders" did was reprehensible and indefensible, but refused to take himself to account for it, absolutely refused. He danced around a shitload of questions, frustrating the members who simply want a straight fucking answer to a straight question. I expect this thing to unravel in to a giant shitstorm of lawsuits, as tens of thousands of municipalities file lawsuits to recover potential hundreds of billions of dollars they were cheated out of.:gold:

When the smoke clears at the end of this thing, I expect to see serious damage done to the reputations of more than one banking giant, because Diamond repeatedly said that Barclays was not the only bank doing it, and that they were simply the first ones caught. This will grow exponentially my friends, and it won't be pretty.:flail:

So how do you rate his performance versus John Corzine? :paperbag:

He is two or three orders of magnitude smarter than Corzine, he doesn't have that child molester looking beard and he is a hell fo a lot more amiable than Corzine. That said, I would say that he is a much better liar and his testimony was more coherent. There were no outright refusals to give information and no "I don't recall". I will be interested to see where this whole thing goes, and I intend to watch as much of this testimony from Diamond et. al. as I can.

I will update those who do not want to invest the time, since I suspect these inquiries will take days and days at best.

Thank you for taking the time to watch and stay awake Ancona.

Youve got to be an ace con artist to convince everyone you are being truthful when you are trying to lie your way out of a problem.

Somehow we can tell when someone speaks from the heart rather than the arse.
And yet they nearly always back away from nailing obvious slimeballs

I guess all they really want to do is humiliate them and publicly undermine their power, so thay can steal it for themselves ........

So, how does he rate against the current ultimate silver-tongued devil, Dimon?
Man, he's impressive in action - watched congress practically ask him to pull his pants down so they could lick butt the other day...And hell, they knew he was lying as much as I did - but he doesn't write me checks like he does to them.

Back
Top Bottom