Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Fiat Ponzi

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ancona
  • 1 Post By rblong2us

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Bob Diamond grilling

Ok, I think I just broke my own personal record for watching live streaming on my computer. I just finished watching the first half of what is probably going to be another half-day of testimony to the financial committee in Parliament today. Bob Diamond is an incredibly intelligent and deft orator to be sure, but his cleverness cannot hide the fact that he is a liar.

I watched and listened for the whole two and a half hours or so, and this guy was sweating balls over this mess. He took absolutely zero personal responsibility for the scandal; none.

He repeatedly said he thought what the "rogue traders" did was reprehensible and indefensible, but refused to take himself to account for it, absolutely refused. He danced around a shitload of questions, frustrating the members who simply want a straight fucking answer to a straight question. I expect this thing to unravel in to a giant shitstorm of lawsuits, as tens of thousands of municipalities file lawsuits to recover potential hundreds of billions of dollars they were cheated out of.

When the smoke clears at the end of this thing, I expect to see serious damage done to the reputations of more than one banking giant, because Diamond repeatedly said that Barclays was not the only bank doing it, and that they were simply the first ones caught. This will grow exponentially my friends, and it won't be pretty.
PMBug and rblong2us like this.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2454 times
So how do you rate his performance versus John Corzine?

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
He is two or three orders of magnitude smarter than Corzine, he doesn't have that child molester looking beard and he is a hell fo a lot more amiable than Corzine. That said, I would say that he is a much better liar and his testimony was more coherent. There were no outright refusals to give information and no "I don't recall". I will be interested to see where this whole thing goes, and I intend to watch as much of this testimony from Diamond et. al. as I can.

I will update those who do not want to invest the time, since I suspect these inquiries will take days and days at best.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 880 times
Thank you for taking the time to watch and stay awake Ancona.

Youve got to be an ace con artist to convince everyone you are being truthful when you are trying to lie your way out of a problem.

Somehow we can tell when someone speaks from the heart rather than the arse.
And yet they nearly always back away from nailing obvious slimeballs

I guess all they really want to do is humiliate them and publicly undermine their power, so thay can steal it for themselves ........
ancona likes this.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
So, how does he rate against the current ultimate silver-tongued devil, Dimon?
Man, he's impressive in action - watched congress practically ask him to pull his pants down so they could lick butt the other day...And hell, they knew he was lying as much as I did - but he doesn't write me checks like he does to them.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote