Broker re-hypothecation widespread?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

If this is so widespread, why is it not more widely disseminated to those who would risk their money at tehse exchanges and brokers?

Interesting. Did anyone else notice almost one video edit per sentence in this?
Made my head hurt.

I guess you'd have to read your brokerage papers to see if they really contain a clause that lets them rehypothecate. It wouldn't surprise me, people who write these kinds of contracts often stick in a ton of clauses that basically say they are covered no matter what they do - then if you ask, say, well, we never do that stuff, but everybody puts it in the contracts standard...

Obviously they have no desire to have that widely disseminated.

Interesting. Did anyone else notice almost one video edit per sentence in this?

Yes, I minimized the window and just listened to the audio without watching the video and it was less distracting. That chopped editing seems to be a new fad - I've noticed it happening more and more with YouTube videos. Not sure if it's a production decision or just driven by YouTube's 10 minute length restriction.

Hmm, I have a youtube channel, it was originally limited to 15 min, but after posting a few vids, it's now "unlimited". Perhaps someone there looks them over and decides that? Not that it matters, when uploading HD (even after rescaling and re-compressing), even a short one takes quite awhile even with a reasonable (1mb) connection. Boy, he had to be patient indeed to make that many cuts unless he's got a supercomputer.

Not that there's a lot worth watching up there, but since I mentioned it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCFusor
I mainly use this to hold vids I'm going to post to my own forums, so there's not a lot of context on them at youtube.

I enjoy putting the headphones on and watching/listening to magnificent classical piano by a girl named Valentina Lisitsa and Valentina Igoshina, and some of the bits go for twenty minutes or more. However, Valentina has over a million hits on many of her pieces. My favorite by lisitsa is Beetoven Moonlight Sonata Movement 3. Awesome and moving stuff, that has absolutely nothing to do with precious metals. It is precious, but not metal.

Back
Top Bottom