Copper got SLAMMED!!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Holy CRAP Batman! Copper just got seriously schwacked this morning. I had to look two or three times before I could wrap my head around it. A dollar twenty eight just got clipped off of copper in about six minutes. That's 34% in a flash. This has to be a fat finger or some other bullshit because there are no fundamentals to support this precipitous of a drop that fast.

What a crock of shit. I'm going back to bed....:noevil:

Live Spot Prices

SPOT PRICE IS OPEN
Price: US$/lb

Copper September 26,08:59
Bid/Ask 2.4629 - 2.4640
Change -1.2792 -34.18%
Low/High 2.4530 - 3.7426
Charts

Last edited:
Looks like gold and silver also got whacked.

WTF??? I just checked Kitco and the price is now 1.5% down. The info above is lifted directly off their page. Even now on the copper charts it has the low at 1.28 off the current number. do you think it was a computer fuck-up?

. do you think it was a computer fuck-up?

Yes. I don't see those numbers anywhere else. As of right now HG is down 44 cents and the low was down 47 cents according the the charts I see.

Regardless, if you look at charts, copper had a huge runup in the last few weeks. It is due for a correction of some sort. Same with the PMs.

Holy CRAP Batman! Copper just got seriously schwacked this morning. I had to look two or three times before I could wrap my head around it. A dollar twenty eight just got clipped off of copper in about six minutes. That's 34% in a flash. This has to be a fat finger or some other bullshit because there are no fundamentals to support this precipitous of a drop that fast.

What a crock of shit. I'm going back to bed....:noevil:

Live Spot Prices

SPOT PRICE IS OPEN
Price: US$/lb

Copper September 26,08:59
Bid/Ask 2.4629 - 2.4640
Change -1.2792 -34.18%
Low/High 2.4530 - 3.7426
Charts

Bad print.

Back
Top Bottom